- Hide And Seek - 2-

Liam P O V

My heart sinked to the bottom of my chest and a pain started to build up in me. I turned back remembering his direct orders. I ran hearing voices and dogs following behind them, I turn my head only to see men in black hunter gear and dogs in muzzles on their mouths. Focusing on the men I lost all focus and didn't see the edge if the hill where my eyes opened in shock as I tumbled down over the leaves and rocks piercing my skin, only to land painfully on my stomach.

I relised that the men had heard me tumble but it was to steep so they had went around, I tried to get myself back up as I noticed a cut that made its way from my calf to my knee, blood gushing from my open wound. I Sat on a Boulder as I took off my flannel shirt from around my waist and ripped the sleeve off it to tie around the cut.

"uughhh-mmm"

I groaned in pain as I carried on making my way to the water with a limp in my step, which was only a few steps away. I noticed the wooden plank near the water as the voices start to get louder along with the barking, I drag my legs into the water as my other leg limped in pain as I swam under the plank and held onto the pillar.

"hey, you go look there!" a unknown voice said pointing to the direction of the trees beside the bank. He walked on the platform bending as his dog barked at the wooden walkway. He peeks between the bars trying to see what is under, I notice and hold my breath as he almost spots me. (luckily I used to be on the swim team).

He stared for more than a minute, my chest was starting to burn up from the lack of oxygen that I could just go back up for a slight moment . Just as I thought I could black out he stood up on his green rubber boots and called to his men to meet him where he, swam back up and silently took in deep breathes trying to go unheard the pain in my chest going away.

A few minutes later they had left and to be sure of it I had stayed in the water as soon as I heared their vehicles motors start and drive off.

I was reminded of my leg as a pain jolted through it as I came out of the water onto the walkway. I approached a white rowing boat exactly as Mark explained it, it had a blanket draped over it.

I pulled the blanket off as my body shivered from a cold breeze going past me and carrying the leaves along with it. I draped the blanket over my body and Untying the rope that connected the boat to the walk way making it stay put. I seated myself in the boat grabbing the rowing sticks from each side and parting away from the river bank.

what the fuck was that, and-and why were those people after me I have nothing on me. Why didn't I just stay back and help Mark.

I think back to what had just happened and contemplated what I could have done and what I should've done, my eyes tearing on each side as my face started to heat up. A drop of water hit my face from above me as a look up to see the clouds pulling together to form a dark shade of gray.

"no-no no why now! " I shout at the sky as I cover my face in frustration, I pull the blanket over my head trying to prevent the rain from dampening my clothes after the time they had to dry up . The small droplets of water could be felt falling from the gray sky onto the thin blanket.

Whatcha doing out here all alone?

"who's there!" I ask removing the blanket from over me.

Oh sweetie it's ok, don't be afraid.
The small voice says soothingly, wait wa-this... This voice it sounds so familiar.

Too familiar for comfort.

Of course silly, has it been that long you don't remember mommy's voice

"no, NO! Your not my mom!" I scream to nobody, looking around to see nothing past the fog of the water. Making me feel even more uneasy as it was almost noon.

"Oh honey"  the thing says more audibly, I turn to the left of the river. A slim figure emurging from the darkness of the woods making its way to the edge of the river.

"M-mom? Mom is that really you?" I stammer quietly, my chest pumping air quicker than normal.

"your so precious baby, so God damn precious." she seethes out her voice breaking abnormally, going an actave lower. A ear shattering crack goes through the air, her leg painfully twisting back as her form is finally shown. Her silk golden brown hair shorter than I remember, skin black and crisp, peeling at its sides. Pink flesh peeking past the decade flesh, I didn't wanna do it I didn't want to look up. To see the calm, beautiful face of my mother turned to something else. Something it wasn't.

"hey, hey get out!" a male voice calls out from behind the trees I was so strained that I couldn't look to see who it was. I turned to see a guy wearing a white button up shirt his blond hair being a highlight, I turn back to the opposite side of the river being cautious not to look to far up the horrifying corpse.

"look at me! Look what you did. You did this!" releasing a high pitched shriek.

"get out!" the guy calls out again.

"you did this!" is the last thing I hear, water making its way down every open pipe and I had coughed in more of it as I the boat turns over. I felt myself drifting further away from the surface of the water as the sky above me could be seen fading and my eyes flickered shut trying to hold on to the amount of life I had left. My body shakes violently, the air being pushed out my lungs.

I could see a figure come close to me as my body gave in and my mind went blank.

_ Authors note_

This chapter might be a bit short and most of the chapters might be long and most of them might be extremely long depending on the content. Here I had to make it short for suspense.  Honestly I think it's going to take a hell of a long time for this book to even get to 20 views but I can't keep my imagination to myself and wattpad is here so... Yup. I'm just a really weird person. 😊🌈

Hope you enjoy, this is my first book🙂❤️