- Diner -6-

Caleb P O V

I drove past the crash sight and had seen that there was no car there, only a few broken shards of glass spread across the road. I didn't go out to investigate knowing it could make me a suspect, but the fact that the car was removed quickly was suspicious. At least his brother had made his way out before anything could happen to him .

I remembered Emily's instructions and went to the diner on the first exit from the river.

I parked in front of the building waiting for Emily's blue lexis to arrive in the parking lot as families were seated inside of the bright lighted diner.

I turn my body around looking into the Back seat if the car seeing Liam passed out with his head facing the roof of the car and his whole body straightened into a soldier sleeping position. I was confused and yet I involuntarily smile from ear to ear at the sight of his sleeping body, knowing he couldn't be cheeky or cocky with me while he's unconscious.

I stretch my arm out lightly running my fingers through his light brown hair as my hand slowly rests on his cheek. He flinches from my fingers trailing his face.
I wonder if he ever thinks back to his parents?
I wonder what he's dreaming about?

My thoughts are cut off by headlights shining through the car, it was white and belonged to Emily
I noticed as the blue car had parked on the opposite side of the parking lot. As she parked her vehicle and switched off her motor, I hopped out of the jeep rushing to the side of her door before knocking on it giving her a fright.

She rolled down her window and leaned over to unlock the door, it was a two seater with butterfly doors and had open wide enough for my body to fit in her car.

"are you OK, what happened?"

I placed both hand over my face and deeply sighed.

"there's some person I met with powers but doesn't seem to want help . " I rapped out and faced her only to see her mouth slightly open with shock.

"wait, so then what's the problem they can just enroll into Bridgeport without anyone knowing their ability."

"thats the thing they don't even know they have most of these abilities." I say running my hand through my hair .

"well how much do they know?"

"they found out Today and they don't seem to want help"

She nods in understanding. "where are they?"

"in my car." I role my eyes while leaning my head back into the seat.

"wait so did you kidnap him because he didn't expect it or-" she says while nudging my shoulder playfully.

" no! he's not even a kid. So it's tactically not kidnapping."

"well here's the thing." I laugh before explaining the whole story to her leaving out the fact that I know about his past. It's his life and not my story to tell nor should I even know.

"oh I feel sorry for him, wait... so you like guys or..." she says while trailing off with a straight face trying to keep the mood but losing as soon as a smile krept onto her face.

"No that guy is basically a dick to me, why would I - ?"

"well that doesn't matter, you don't even know the kid yet, yet you're here making assumptions. You're disgusting " she says laughing at me and yet still keeping a firm face.

" what do you know, you haven't even met him. Yet you're here rooting for him."

" well after what you just told me, it sounds like he's been through a lot of shit and here you are making assumptions. Think about that first."

"I think we should go to your car before your boyfriend wakes up any moment now." she says smiling while tightening her grip on my hand.

"he's not my boyfriend."

"OK ok whatever makes you sleep at night lover boy." She says as she raises her hands in defeat. We get out of the car heading to my jeep with all lights out.

Liam was still found asleep in the back of the car as Emily took her seat in the passenger side.

Liam eyes start to flicker open from the vibration of the car as I closed the door behind me.

"oh hey your awake."

Emily says with a motherly tone. Liam sat himself up Unfirmiliar with his surroundings as his eyes scanned the car and the people in it. He held his head with his hand as if he had just felt a bullet go through it, his face squinted in pain as a low grunt left his mouth.

"I-I, the voices p-please make it stop."

he said as his feet came closer to his body, making him lean his head onto them as he panted heavily while pressing his head into his hands. I worried noticing that he had just discovered a new power and didn't know what to do. I furrowed my brows in confusion, wondering to what voices he was talking about.

He just discovered a new one

"Liam calm down, my name is Emily. we can help you if you allow-." Emily said with a comforting voice as she reached her hand out trying to place it on his restless body, before she was cut by liam's pants and heavy breathing.

"no-no, just make the voices stop." he scream out as his loud voice had shattered all the windows of the car, Emily and I bent down covering our head from the flying shards of glass as they scattered throughout the car, one going through my hand as I hiss picking up my head noticing the piece of glass go into the crook of my hand. The incident lead to the car alarm going off making the people inside the diner stare as most of them went back to eating minding their own business. Like they should be doing in the first place.

- Authors note -

I honestly just think from now on I'll be doing weekly updates except for weekends, cause I have to think of what to write during that time 

I also have exams coming up 😭😳
Watch me fail that bvtch