Ushijima~Feelings

Y/N POV

I felt a tear fall down my face as  wipe it off, turning away from the stoic man and running off. I didn't understand why she couldn't like me back. Was I not pretty enough? Short enough?

"Hey Toshi~ whatcha doing," I ask my bestfriend who stood next to me. "I'm not doing anything," he replies with an expressionless face, like always. 

"Wakatoshi and I have to head to practice now," Tendou says as you three approach the gym.

"Oh, right! But Tendou, can I talk to Ushi for a second, alone." you reply putting emphasis on the alone part. Tendou's eyebrows rose as he looked back and forth between the both of you, smirking. "Only if you insist, my precious Y/N," he says walking away with a sly grin on his face as he begins to head away to stand at the entrance of the gym.

You turn to Ushijima as he was already looking at you. "Hey um Toshi, can I tell you something?" you ask making him let out an impatient hum. You look him in the eyes as you stand there trying to figure out how you wanted to express yourself. Your face heats up with frustration as you took one step towards him, "Ushijima Wakatoshi, I have loved you since we were first years," you began only for him to stop you as he help as disappointing expression.

"You stopped me from going to practice to tell me that? Y/N I don't feel the same about you and never will." he states bluntly, staring at you for a few seconds. You felt like curling up in a ball and dying.

Present time

You continue to sprint away from the man you fell in love with, tears refusing to stay put as they trickled down your face and onto the pavement. You had been running for so long that you didn't know where you were and you knew it would get dark soon. You sat down, pulling your knees up to your chest, hugging them as you silently cried to yourself.

'back at the gym'

Shirabu tosses the ball up to a high point as Ushijima spikes it down effortlessly. Everyone had already completed their training for the day and started to clean the gym back up. Tendou made his way to the olive haired man as he started to roll the ball carrier away.

"Hey Wakatoshi, don't you think you were a little harsh on Y/N back there," the red head questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"No. I have only one priority. Volleyball. I have no time for a relationship that will distract me." he replies back bluntly.

"I call bull shit," the boy states back, smiling mischievously. "I've seen the way you look at her. I notice how quiet you get along with being annoyed when other guys come up to her to flirt with her."

Ushijima felt his face burn as he turned his head away from the middle blocker, clenching his fists. "No."

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

Ushijima finally gave up on replying to his teammate.

"I dont like her." he mutters, getting slightly agitated at his friend.

"Mhmm, thats just what you tell yourself." Tendou replies, playfully swinging his arms from side to side as he walks off. 'Do I like her?'

"Impossible," he reassures himself, getting changed to go home.

Weeks later

Y/N and Ushijima made no contact with each other over the next few weeks after the confession. Y/N was more herself and began hanging out with Semi and Tendou more than usual. Ushijima would always watch Y/N from afar as he noticed Semi's blushing face as you spoke to him with your hand on his shoulder.