34

(unedited)

The beauty of world has two edges
One of laughter, and one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder.

~Virginia Woolf

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The warm, cozy feeling pervaded her senses as she finally let out the loudest yawn, turning to look at the ceiling. No wonder she was welcomed by an execrable ringing in the back of her head but she had more things to care of.

What happened last night? And where is Jungkook?

The said guy's name faintly reminded her of the events that took place, only if it was a dreadful nightmare but to her dismay it wasn't. But that awful feeling didn't stop her from whispering his name once as she turned to her other side.

Inaya sniffed, pushing back the tears that almost surged out her eyes but didn't leave them.

What was the guy even thinking? It'd be another lie if he explained himself to be totally unknown of his engagement. His eyes held the guilt of lying, she had noticed it the second her eyes joined his, in the very huge room filled with bodies of the ones who witnessed the scene.

Another lie, if he said that he was about to tell her. No his intentions weren't the same, not at all. If he had to, he would've already done that. Why wait for the truth to make such a great, horrendous, entry and in a way where she couldn't do anything.

The people surrounding the place didn't matter, but the sudden jolt of revealation had hit her harder than a truck would. She couldn't process, not a single thing, she couldn't move, lest she forced herself for the final time to run. Run away like a coward, she felt weak and vulnerable, she didn't want to face all the pain again. She didn't want to let the loneliness grasp her again.

So she had walked straight out the pompous, showy building which shattered all her hopes and dreams. And ran as fast as she could, far, very far from the palace she had so happily wanted to see.

People threw weird glances her way, as she pushed past her way through them. And then finally, when she had no hope left, she entered the club. Walking straight to the bar and ordering the strongest liquor of all, she wanted to forget the night so badly.

What happened after that?!

The pain in her head only grew once she tried to sit and take in her surroundings. Sure as hell this wasn't a familiar place, neither did it look like any rooms in the club nor did it resemble the hotel room she was staying in.

A gush of fear showered on her and her hands immediately clapped on her chest, calming a bit when she felt the fabric covering her body. But the relief soon faded away once she realised it was not same as her dress. Rather it was a shirt, a white shirt that was ever so loosely dangling on her body, and her thighs were bare.

"What did I do..." She whispered in disbelief. Although she was heartbroken, she wouldn't be careless not even in her dreams. Though she was heavily toxicated, she wouldn't, she could not bring herself to believe as such.

"Oh, you're up, Miss writer," She heard the slurred tone, which came out as soft as possible, dipped in honey and sweetness. Too familiar to be scared of and utterly familiar to not be scared of.

And then her second nightmare dawned upon her...

--×--

"Last night, since last night. And I don't know where she is!!" Olivia hissed over the call, internally slapping herself, as she walked past the royal walls of the palace, along with her boss.