SECRETS

Let's travel back to Jungkook's birthday.

--×--

flower's do bloom
even in rain falling!

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

She hadn't met her fiance yet, neither was she prepared for that. As the car neared the palace in the heart of Busan, Eun Ae couldn't help but feel anxious.

She vividly remembered the day she saw lines of gifts and greetings piled up in her house, jamming up in almost the whole room. She had quickly ran to her mother, only to find her talking with some guests.

"So the marriage has been fixed. Eun Ae and Jungkook!"

She still remembered the clinking of their glasses as the oldest person made the toast. That time, she felt scared. She wasn't ready for a marriage, or that's what she believed. But she was in no place to step inside the room and put forward her thoughts, that, as she had been taught, would be disrespectful and being a princess she wasn't supposed to do that.

Once out of the memory, she looked outside the window. Busan had been her favourite city; the colours, the hues, the food, the flavour, everything about this city, somehow, intrigued her. And now to be a part of it, she felt anxious.

"What happened, baby?" She heard her mother, her eyes filled with concern.

She had so much to say, so much to ask. But she suppressed it all, deep down in her heart, and just shook her head sideways.

She assumed they reached the palace late, as she could see how the crowd had already filled the ample hall. She looked at her mother before stepping out, and after she recieved a nod, she followed behind them.

"Be at your best behavior. This would be the first time you'll be meeting them."
Her father spoke hurriedly, beaming a small smile at the people they passed by.

"Yes, father." She looked down, and continued to follow her parents.

As soon as they entered the hall, she heard nothing but silence. She looked up to see that there were people staring at her, as if charmed. She had no idea what to do, and would've stood there if her mother wouldn't have pulled her away.

But then, as she was being pulled, she saw him, standing in the middle of the hall with a younger girl by his side, and she was enchanted.

"He is the prince," She heard someone whisper in her ears, just as she thought no one else but the Prince, but nonetheless, nodded back.

She couldn't take her eyes off of him, he looked so... Majestic. She found him utterly handsome in that black suit, a tie dangling, not so loosely, around his neck. His eyes fascinated her, utterly beautiful she'd say, but she also saw sadness in them, as if he was suppressing himself. But then her eyes travelled to his gestures, everytime he bowed, she smiled a little more brighter, she found that gracious.

The girl standing next to him, whom she assumed to be his sister, hadn't left his hand once and she felt jealous. She didn't know why but she felt a weird want to feel his touch. She despised her for the slightest moment and then looked away, just to turn back and stare.

She stared at him as if he'd run away, which she assumed to be true, because she had never seen such a glory in her life and this felt to be like a dream she'd never like to wake up from. She stared and stared, taking in all his features as fast and as slowly as she could. But when she looked where his eyes were fixed, she felt a sudden ache.