Pa and Ma are Not Here

They say that when you're lonely or if you had nightmares, you can run to your papa or mama for comfort. However, she was an exception. Every time a bad nightmare makes her awake, her small body could only shot up and catch her breath in the middle of the night. Ying, on her nightgown, could only hug herself and cry.

Nobody's home. Papa's never even here. Mama is also not here. Only her. It has always her and her shadow.

People working in this big mansion always whisper about how lonely the young miss was. The madam and the head of the family were never present for they were away. For an early age, Ying knew why her father has never been home for a long time. She knew that her sweet mama had another man to travel around the world together. It was always a nursemaid who attended her, but on silent nights like this, she's alone and had no one to talk to.

They say that when you cry at night, something or someone will come to you. Ah, bloody hell. Her tears are starting to stream down her face.

It was an unusual full moon that night. The big silver sphere seemed to fit in her huge window and something flew around it. It looked like a big bird.

Sliding her window beside quietly, she sat on the window pane. The cold gentle breeze kissed her feet making her toes cold, the hem of her dress and hair swaying on the gentle breeze.

She was thinking that if she would jump from here, perhaps mama and papa would come back. Perhaps that nostalgic past would come back, right?

She scratched her cheek as she tried to adjust her sight in the darkness below however, she knew that below has rose shrubs that might cushion her fall.

If she would break her knees or arms, perhaps pa and ma will always be beside her.

"How are ya sure that jumping from here and losing a part of yar body or yar life possibly, would make yar parents come to ya? That's always too childish, young miss."

She whipped her surprised face back to her room. Moonlight illuminated and she saw someone sitting on his knees, crimson eyes glowing, mouth grinning from ear to ear.

Without her spectacles, she can somehow perceive the figure. He had hairy arms and feet but his face was beautiful. He continued, "Didn't yar parents tell ya not to cry alone at night? Kehehehe."

She tightened her knuckles. His ominous laugh and grin made her start feeling scared. She had never heard of that kind of laugh.

When she didn't speak, the figure continued, "Hey. Why not come with me? I have the world's nicest garden in the world. We can play forever in there."

Something told her not to go. "No. I am fine by myself. Thank you." She tried to sound respectful, her private tutor always remind her to be graceful and ladylike.

"Ehh? Really, even though ya look idiotic at the thought of jumping outta there? Kehehehe. Kehehehehehehe. Are ya scared with me?"

"Well... Mrs. Bisque always tell me not to go with people I don't know."

"Who's that?"

"She's my private tutor."

He tilted his head, uninterested and changed the topic, "Hey, young miss. Why were ya crying?"

She remained tight lipped earning a bored sigh from the mysterious being, "Hey, young miss. Why don't ya come closer, come close so that I can see ya face. Yar ebony hair seemed to glow on the moonlight. Yar blue eyes like the still water in the river at night. Yar a pretty young miss indeed."

Ying suppressed her fear and yelled, "No!"

This made him amazed, "Ehhh. Try'na be brave, are you not?" He muttered, "Someone so young like you are so delicious, I am sure."