Healing

Surak's POV

I groaned as I sat up, my head hurt so much. I glanced around to see Nirmala sleeping next to me. Her chest rose up and down in a calming repeated rhyme. I looked away when she looked up.

"Surak?" She asked in a sleepy voice. I glanced at her, her brown fur was pushed up to on side. She blinked away her sleepiness. She stared then a smile split across her face and she tackled me. "Surak!! You're alright!!" She said happily as she tackled me.

"Easy, Nirmala." I said as pain shot through my head. She backed away.

I'm so sorry that you got hurt." She sighed and I pulled her in for a hug. It wasn't her fault but that's the thing about Nirmala, she hated arguments and she always took the blame for everything. I always tried to tell her that it wasn't her fault. I so badly wanted to say something to her, anything to calm her down. Something tackled me from behind.

"Surry! Oh thanks the kings!" I turned around to see my older brother squeezing the life of of me. I pushed Sahasi off of me. I groaned and Nirmala and Sahasi ran forward.

"Easy, bro. You should rest, there is only so much mom can do." Sahasi said and patted me on my back. "Nirmala, stay with him. After all, mom is teaching you how to heal people. Now is you chance." Sahasi said and walked to the door then he stopped and turned back to her. "Oh and good luck." Then he was gone. Nirmala stared back down at me. I sighed and laid down.

"Tell me a story, Nirmala." I whispered and she smiled.

"Of what?"

"You know my favourite." I sighed. I loved when me and Nirmala would curl up and listen to my mom tell the story of how the tree of life was found. Nirmala smiled and lay down next to me.

 "It had been months since Ekon had found shelter and he was weak and tired..." I listened to Nirmala tell the story with every detail that my mom had. My eyes soon drifted down and I fell asleep listening to Nirmala's soothing voice.