Chapter 3: "Call Doctor Jeon, now!"

Vote + comment: COTE
•—•

Junhui calmly seated himself at the mahogany desk. He eyes the mountains of files and documents before his eyes set on a file written with a now-familiar name.

헌솔 Vernon

He reaches for the file. Chan must have set it on his desk as requested. It was as if Hansol's whole life has to turn into a book. Junhui skimmed through the whole file, stopping in parts that seem to interest him.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol share a look with each other when they saw Junhui was giving all of his focus on a file in his hand that he did not even hear them knocking.

"I've never seen him like this," Seungcheol commented.

"What?"

"Like, so invested in reading a file. He barely reads through a contract." The older between the two huffed.

"Oh my darling Cheollie, you don't know anything do you?" Jeonghan slyly ruffles Seungcheol's hair before marching to Junhui's desk, knocking it to draw Junhui's attention.

"Boss, we're here." He says, catching the leader off guard as the younger focused on them like a deer caught in a headlight.

"Oh, you're here. Sorry." The younger responded, hurriedly shoving the file into the drawer. He ignores Jeonghan teasing smile and Seungcheol's curious gaze.

"Anything you're reporting, Cheol hyung?" Under a record time, Junhui manages to pull himself together and back to the serious and grim Hades.

"I have. It seems like you're right. There are a lot of corrupted officers in this part of the city. I also notice some government officials have been making a lot of visits to my higher-ups. I think they're up to something."

"Your higher-ups, you said?" Jeonghan sassed.

"Don't start it Yoon Jeonghan." Seungcheol deadpanned, already feeling exhausted by being there. Handling one Yoon Jeonghan is harder than handling an armed police force. At least those people followed orders.

"I haven't even started anything yet, what do you mean?" Jeonghan deadpanned.

"That's why I said, don't start."

"Hyungs, please take your lovely bickers outside of my office." Junhui deadpanned, stopping the two from bickering.

"Also, I received info this morning, there's illegal human trafficking going on under our nose. How did this happen?" Junhui demanded. He reaches for an envelope set on his desk before spreading the pictures on the desk showing kidnapped children and women in an isolated warehouse.

"What the— Who the fuck did this?!" Jeonghan seethes. Seeing the children's scared innocent faces boils his heart.

"We have a traitor inside then. How long this trade has been going on?" Seungcheol inquires.

"According to my sources, two months. He just found out about it last night when one of the people involved accidentally blurted this out, drunk."

"Action and people involved?"

"Tartarus, bring Charon with you, I'm sending you to Daegu to end them. I want the traitors in the interrogation room tomorrow. Can you?"

"Noted. We'll get them. How dare they do this when we're going legal..." Seungcheol mumbled, clearly disappointed.

"Next, Lucifer, I need you to work with Hypnus and get to the bottom of the things and trades that's been going on between the said corrupted people. I need a report on that too." Junhui ordered.