The Lone Islands

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

I could hear the loud cheers and whoops of the crew even from three levels below them. I suspected there was some sort of game or competition going on, it wasn't unusual on a ship. There was nothing I wanted to do more than join them up there, but I had volunteered to help Eustace recover. I thought it might help me seem less repulsive to him.

My cousin-in-law lay unconscious on a hammock in the sleeping quarters, a decent-sized bump already bruising on his head. That fall must've hurt. Though, I suspected he was already unconscious before he hit his head.

I slid off my wedding ring and set in on the table next to me. I didn't want to get it dirty. I planned to use some healing methods a couple of fauns taught me that I often used on Elaine when she got hurt. But this time I would use magic with it. We didn't want to waste Lucy's fire flower juice on such a small injury.

I mixed the green sludge in the bowl in front of me, making sure it was completely smooth before I applied it to the bump on his head. Once there was a thick green layer, I set the bowl to the side and held my hands above the sludge.

It didn't take a lot of concentration to use my magic to strengthen the healing properties of the plants in the mixture. Pretty soon, the gloop was shining with golden light, seeping slowly into Eustace's skin. It was quite a mesmerizing sight and I'm sure Eustace would have freaked out if he found out what I was doing.

As soon as his eyes began to squint at the light, I pulled my hand away. While he opened his eyes I stood up and grabbed the washcloth by the bowl of water before dipping it in.

"Y/n," he sounded awfully displeased by my presence. "Why are you here?"

"You should be more grateful." I scolded and came over to wipe the goop off of his head. "I'm the one who got rid of that nasty bump on your head."

Disbelievingly, Eustace reached up to feel where the bump had been only moments ago but discovered that it was gone. His fingers picked up some of the leftover goo and he groaned.

"What is this stuff?!"

"Healing medicine," I swatted his hand away. "Don't touch."

"Who do you think you are to be qualified to use such- such things on me?!"

I'd had enough of him. I turned to look him directly in the eye and straightened my posture. "And who are you to speak to a Queen of Narnia in such a manner?"

A moment of silence passed before he burst out laughing, "Queen of Narnia? You? It's just a fairy tale."

I sighed and shook my head, sitting back down on my chair. I looked down at him, "I am Queen Y/n the Compassionate, ruler of Narnia, Summer Witch, and savior of the people."

"My cousins put you up to this, didn't they?"

"Believe what you will." I reached over to put my wedding ring back on. "It is no hindrance to me."

This put him off. He sat up from the hammock and inspected me carefully. His eyes finally came to rest on my ring and he furrowed his brows, "I recognize that design. Edmund wears a similar one. Never takes the damn thing off."

I chuckled, "I would be a little hurt if he did."

His eyes widened and he gasped, "No,"

"Yes,"

"But you can't be!" Eustace struggled to roll out of the hammock. "You're only- what- eighteen? No one in their right mind would marry before the age of twenty!"