Life After Narnia

(Image not mine)

(For the three years later part, the song is "For The Dancing and The Dreaming" from How to Train Your Dragon 2. Watch the scene with the song for a better visual of the dance!)

EUSTACE'S POV

We spoke often of Narnia in the days that followed. And when my cousins left, after the war ended, I missed them with all my heart. As I know all Narnians will miss them, till the end of time.

Y/n and Elaine left a week after we returned to go back to their estate in the countryside, much to Edmund's dismay. He spent days inside the house, only leaving the bedroom for meals or when his letters arrived. It took a couple of harsh words from Lucy to get him moving again.

But now they are gone. Lucy's gone to live with their mother while Edmund intends on studying in London. He's planning on becoming an author. I wonder if he'll write about Narnia.

I plan on visiting Y/n and Elaine soon, Elaine told me they have an extensive library. I hope my cousins will come with me.

I looked up from my diary, the pen in my hand hovering midair. It had been three months since we got back from Narnia, but the ache in my heart has not subsided. Now that I knew another magical world existed, my priorities and way of thinking have changed. Not to mention the entire world seems so bland now.

---

(Three Years Later)

EDMUND'S POV

Y/n's grandfather had been recently moved to an assisted living home due to his failing health. Neither of Y/n's parents could take even a week break from work in the states to come to visit and help her manage the home, so I ended my last semester of university early and moved here. Elaine was ecstatic seeing as we hadn't lived together since she was four.

Y/n was happy, but her mind was elsewhere. She was so stressed paying the bills for her grandfather's medicine and housing as well as managing the massive house that was falling apart at its hinges. I did my best to help her, but she could not relax.

While Elaine was out with a couple of her school friends, Y/n and I had been cleaning the kitchen so that we could make dinner tonight for the entire extended family. My siblings, my cousin, and even my mother were all coming to celebrate Elaine's eleventh birthday. This only made Y/n more stressed, though she tried to hide it.

My mother is under the impression that Y/n is my girlfriend and has only met her twice, neither time did she question our matching rings. I don't think she even noticed them. Regardless, Y/n still got nervous about hiding the truth about our relationship from her. Neither of us wanted to, but we knew she would have a hard time believing our story.

"Love, the eggs are frothing," I gently laid my hand on hers as she vigorously whisked the eggs.

She cursed silently and moved to dump the bowl into the sink, but I stopped her. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry, there's just a lot on my mind."

"I know, but you're doing this all on your own." I took her hands, making her look up at me. "I'm here for you. We're supposed to do this together."

"You're right. I don't know why I always take things on by myself," she chuckled. "I suppose I could do with a bit of loosening up."

"How do you mean?" I asked as she took off her apron and moved to turn up the radio on the counter.

"It's nothing compared to Narnian music," she admitted, standing a few feet in front of me. "But it'll do."