Koralie~Good Night~

𝗢𝗸𝗮𝘆, 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼, 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗻𝗼 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗳𝘂𝗹; 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗲𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴. 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝗞𝗲𝗻𝗿𝗶𝗰 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆.

𝘀𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗱𝗼...

𝗘𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆!!

Kenric stared out of his window, the jeweled, glimmering city of Eternalia stretched out before him. It was a sight for sore eyes, that was for sure. Sunsets in the Elvin Cities were always beautiful, but he preferred the ones here in Eternalia, where he could admire the natural lights reflecting off of the rooftops of buildings, and view the overall peace settling over the land as the regular bustle and air of haste dissipated.

He spotted a teenage couple strolling leisurely through the streets who he quickly recognized. Their fingers were brushing, and as he watched from above, the boy said something that made the girl's face burn brighter than a tomato. The boy brushed her cheek with his fingers as she tried to hide behind her blonde hair, a wide smile on his lips. Kenric could practically see the affection in the boy's teal eyes as he stared into the girl's gold-flecked ones, both of them laughing.

"Young love. So sweet, aren't those two?" said a silky voice from behind Kenric.

He turned, a smile of his own appearing as he took the stunningly beautiful woman's hand. "Oralie! What a surprise, I thought you had gone home for the night?"

"Well, yes," Oralie replied. "But I changed my mind. I let myself in. I wanted to say goodnight to my boyfriend, you know?" She held up a crystal key that Kenric had given her.

Kenric led her over to the elegant sofa underneath yet another window. "Of course I do," he said, placing an arm around her.

Oralie turned her azure blue gaze back to the city. The couple hadn't left yet, and were now perched on a bench, hands entwined. "Those two deserve some happiness, don't you think? They've been through so much, at such a young age. It's a relief they have eachother. The final battle with the Neverseen must have taken a massive toll on them. We have to be thankful.." She trailed off, beaming at Kenric.

"Yes, we do." Kenric smiled back. "After all, they're the ones who brought me back, and defeated the Neverseen once and for all. I just hope that they can achieve some peace and hope after all this."

Oralie suddenly flung her arms around him, gold ringlets flying.

"Oh?" Kenric asked, surprised but happy at the sudden action.

When Oralie raised her head, tears were running down her face, but they were tears of joy. "I'm just so happy! That you're alive and breathing, I'd really thought you were dead, and that we can finally be together, now that Councillors are allowed to be in relationships.."

She rambled the rest of the reasons, and Kenric pulled her closer, resting his chin on the top of her head. "I love you."

This effectively put an end to her rambling. "I love you too."

By then, the sun had set, twinkling stars dotted across the night sky. Lanterns and balefire illuminated the streets in a warm glow, the autumn night feeling calmer than ever. The young couple stood up, and the boy leaned down to kiss the girl's cheek as she held a crystal  up, and they were whisked away in the light.

Kenric glanced at the clock to see that it was already 7 o' clock. "Would you like me to accompany you back to your tower?" He asked gently.

"If you don't mind, of course!" Oralie stood up, offering a hand to him. He grasped it, standing up as well.

They left the tower, smiling, as they walked to Oralie's home which was a few buildings away.

As they neared the tower, Oralie sighed. "We have another meeting tomorrow, don't we?" she asked.

"I'm afraid so," Kenric answered. "But it'll be with Team Valiant, so I'm sure it will be more entertaining than regular ones." He finished, earning a soft laugh.

"Teenagers.." Oralie smiled.

"Teenagers." Kenric replied, laughing.

They reached her door, and Oralie asked Kenric if he wanted to come in.

"I would love to, but I have some paperwork to finish up before I call it a night. I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes, for another meeting." She half-laughed, half-sighed.

"Actually, I'll come by earlier, about 9, since the meeting's at 10, if that's alright with you?"

"Of course. See you then!" She said, meeting his eyes. She started to head in, when Kenric gently placed a gand on her shoulder. Orie turned back quizzically.

"I almost forgot..." Kenric murmured, before he pulled her close into a sweet, loving kiss.

They broke apart all too soon, waving.

"Goodnight, Oralie. I love you."

"Goodnight, Kenric, I love you too."

AlEmily360

How 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝘁? 𝗗𝗶𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝘁𝘇?
𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀!!
𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀!!

~𝗟𝘆𝗹𝗶