~Time of Our Lives~

𝗢𝗸𝗮𝘆, 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗙𝗼𝘅𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗲𝘀, 𝘀𝗼 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗴𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘁, 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲.

"Okay, am I hearing this right? We're going to travel through time?" Biana asked.

Sophis shook her head. "No. Well, yes, but not exactly. We'll be able to see our future or past selves, but we won't be in those bodies." She explained.

"So it'll be like that human movie you showed us- Endgame, was it?- where they go back in time?" Dex asked.

"I guess a little," Sophie said. "Except for the fact that we're not going to save the world, because interfering directly would be violating the rules of time-travel, and if we witnessed us winning, we would probably trust that too much and the future would change.

It's like why Terik usually refuses to tell any results of his descrying. There's potential, but it doesn't mean it will work out that way. The future will be the results of how we're currently doing things. If we win, and we know that, we'll most likely let our guard down. Which means the Neverseen's chance of winning will become much higher, and the most likely future will change- in their favor. It's a bit of an abstract concept. " (𝗔/𝗡: 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹, 𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀.)

"Um, okay, can you breathe? That was a bit intense, don't you think, Foster?" Keefe spoke up after her mini-rant.

"Sorry.." Sophie apologized sheepishly.

"Wait, how are we going to do this?" Fitz frowned. "I mean, even Elves haven't discovered a way to time-travel."

"About that..." Sophie bit her lip. "I may have discovered that I can use my teleportation to teleport through time? And I just wanted to show you..."

Her friends stared at her in shock.

"That was one of the only secrets I was holding back, Fitz." She added.

Fitz nodded, surprisingly calm.

"I had my suspicions." Tam spoke up.

This time it was his turn to be stared at.

"Teleportation and time travel are often considered similar." he explained nochalantly.

"Okay, we have to get back before dinner, so how about we just do it now?" Sophie asked, shaking off the fact that Tam's suspicions were correct.

They nodded, and grasped eachothers' hands. Sophie, who had discovered a way to teleport without falling, closed her eyes and concentrated, and with a familiar 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬, they disappeared into the void.

...

"This is the future." Sophie spoke up before anyone could ask.

"But didn't you say we weren't allowed to go to the future?" Linh asked.

"Well, this timeline," Sophie waved around them, "isn't related to the Neverseen."

They took in their surroundings. They stood hidden from view, and were apparently in Foxfire, at some sort of ceremony. It seemed like the end-of-the-year ceremony, what with all the lights and streamers and decorations.

At the front, there was a huge stage, with students- level six, judging by their furry white Yeti costumes. They finished up their dance, laughing and joking around, at ease in their familiar school environment. When it was over, all of them collapsed into laughter.