~Together~

𝙎𝙤!! 𝙄 𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙏𝙖𝙢 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙛𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙫𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙖 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩, 𝙨𝙤...

"Alright," Keefe relented.

The others stared at him in surprise. Sophie decided to speak up. "Uh... weren't you the one that was so reluctant to let Tam read your shadowvapor? Last time you were really against it."

Keefe shrugged. "It's not like I have anything to hide from you guys anymore." He replied easily.

Tam and Sophie, who now shared a mutual sibling-like relationship, shared a disbelieving glance.

"Well... Alright." Tam said. "Though don't be surprised if anything unusual happens, he's got untested new abilities." He warned.

The others nodded. "Well, Bangs Boy, do the shadow thing!" Keefe spread his arms wide, as if welcoming someone.

Tam concentrated, squinting his eyes a little. After a moment, he gasped and stumbled back. Linh rushed to his side, as he stared at Keefe.

"You... Your shadowvapor..." he muttered.

"What?" Keefe looked genuinely confused, eyebrows bunching together.

Tam exhaled. "Well, you have both darkness and light somewhat equally, but you have... a new variable. It's... unusual."

"As in?" Sophie questioned. She reached up to tug at an eyelash, before decidimg against it and forcibly pulling her arm back down.

"As in, he has dark and light, which seemed okay, and what seems like a... glow. I normally see someone wrapped in shadows, but this time there was this glowing shadow... i don't know how to explain it, but there was a glowing substance mixed in with the shadow." He ended, looking frustrated. He tugged at his bangs confusedly. "I've never seen anything like it!"

"Well, we all know I'm special. Plus, to quote Miss Sparkles over there," Keefe waved his hand in her direction. Biana scoffed at that, "Sparkles make everything better, so it should be fine!" He grinned, albeit a bit shakily.

Tam glared at him. "You don't understand. This could be dangerous! I've never even heard or read about something like this, what if Gisela planted something in you and your shadow and it puts us all in danger?"

"Well, why don't you stop acting like I'm not even here in this room and can't understand what you're saying? You think I wanted to get these freakish abilities after being in a coma for a month? A freaking whole month?" Keefe exclaims, his worry and fear getting the better of him, ice blue eyes flashing with anger and frustration. It was clear that he'd had enough of persevering.

"What? I should be the one who's mad!" Tam clenched his hands into fists, lips curled into a snarl. "You're being an arrogant idiot. During that time when you were 'suffering' in your cima, which consisted of sleeping and doing nothing so peacefully, we trained and planned and exhausted ourselves. You know how much Sophie lost sleep? How much Dex overworked himself? How Fitz spent his anger in training everyday? The tears everyone else spilled for you? You have no right to say that!"

"What? You think I-"

Sophie shook her head, sighing. "Guys, just... shut up."

Everyone stared wide-eyed at her, including the two fighting boys.

She stared back. "Instead of fighting, maybe we could discuss this issue like civilized human beings." ​​​​​​​She hesitated. "Well, elvin beings, but that's besides the point. We have to work together, but all you're accomplishing is drifting further apart by fighting!"

She sighed. "I know this is hard on everyone. All of you. Don't try to deny it. And I'm truly sorry for dragging all of you in this mess, but if we're going to do this together, we're going to have to be a team." She held out her hand, palm up. Biana was the first one to grasp it, quickly followed by everyone else.

"We do this together, alright?" Sophie asked, more softly.

Everyone murmured their agreements.

"You know what? Tam had a point. Everyone is working so hard.. We're using the rest of the day as bonding time." Sophie led the team up to her room.

And that was how Grady and Edaline found them, spread out on various places in Sophie's spacious room.

𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚! 𝙄𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮? 𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚!!!