~End~

Jeongseok-ah, how are things in New York?

It's been a while since you left for America and I miss you so much. Your sister is asking for you too, you know?

Maybe you should send her a text once in a while or at least call! But I understand, my baby needs to study and focus on college after all.

Just don't stress yourself out, alright? Remember to eat healthy and get enough sleep, don't stay up too late. You are doing daily exercise right? Don't get stuck in your dorm all the time, go out and explore so you have something to tell me about!

If you need more money, just ask and I'll make your father send you some. We planned to celebrate Christmas in Los Angeles anyways, so we might come visit you directly.

Is your dorm mate there? I'd like to meet him sometime, you're always talking about him over the phone. He seems like a really nice kid.

Do you have anyone special yet? A girl? A guy? You have to introduce them to your family if you have someone, no protesting. I still can't believe how grown up you are already. It feels like it was yesterday you were a little boy.

You are writing an article, right? In the last letter you asked me for some stories to inspire you, so this letter will be heavier than usual.

As a journalist you have to be creative, you know? Anyways, I decided to tell you the story about how I met your dads and fell in love with them.

I was hesitant at first, but your papa convinced me enough to start writing. I'm sorry if it took a little longer while to answer you this time.

Promise me to sit down and read it, will you? Maybe you'll be able to create a wonderful project out of it. Make sure to tell me if your professor likes it, okay?

Also, Eunji mentioned something about a surprise on our wedding anniversary. Are you secretly a part of this too? Your dad keeps on saying:

"Jinyoung, don't ask him, it'll ruin the surprise!"

Well, maybe I shouldn't ask. You'd not answer that anyways, I suspect. Just don't try to bake something, you know how it went when your uncles Hyunjin and Felix tried last time.

Study hard, Jeongseok-yah. Don't forget have fun, alright? It's your life after all, I already did my part. ( your sister quote: "once he get out of his room maybe he'll actually find out how interesting life can be." )

Good luck with your assignments! I love you.

// your appa

><

He chuckled, going through the letter over and over again. Even though it had been a while ago since he sent his appa a letter, Jinyoung never failed to send back when he needed it the most.

Choi Jeongseok had almost given up on the project when he received the letter, along with a handwritten diary.

It was amazing, how many ideas sparking in his mind once he read the story, wanting people to react to it just like he did.

Suddenly he wished he had been born earlier, because he'd totally punch that douchebag too. It made him sad to hear what his appa had to go through but that didn't last long until the anger followed in full speed.

If that psycho wasn't in prison right now, he'd go hunt him down and beat him up.

And to be quite honest, he had never seen any of his dads being that violent, so hearing all this made him surprised too. Though he was pretty sure he wouldn't have stopped them back then either.

Jeongseok smiled, marveling the art in front of him before opening his laptop.

He'd make sure to get in every single detail, until it was a perfect assignment worthy his appa's side of the story.

While he was typing, finally knowing exactly what to write, he heard how the door to his dorm opened before shutting close again. The noise of shoes shuffling around echoed in the apartment before it went silent again.

"I'm home!"

Looking up, the brunette smiled at his boyfriend.

"Hey babe, what do you think about going to Seoul for Thanksgiving? I want you to meet my family."