Chapter 41

Tick-tock.

Tick-tack.

Tick

Tock

It had been a few hours since he and his parents talked. Neither of them claimed they were hungry anymore, but a look from their son got them sighing before starting to eat ( he knew they needed to eat even if they claimed they weren't hungry ).

Then after his eomma had hugged him to death and his appa calling the police to report Minjun, they had all agreed in Jinyoung not going anywhere alone anytime soon. As much as he disliked the idea of therapy and having to talk to some stranger about his feelings, he hoped it would help.

Something had to help, at least. He wanted to get better, to be happier.

The brunette rolled to them side and stared at the clock. It was better if he enjoyed the silent minutes he had before his siblings and friends found out. He wasn't planning to tell everyone, but at least his closest friends deserved to know.

Jinyoung knew they'd keep it secret, because he trusted them more than anyone else. He was very shocked to find out that so many people actually cared about him. Besides, they wouldn't hesitate to help him like Eunjeong and his boyfriends.

Heaving a sigh, he closed his eyes and lazily answered all the messages on his phone.

Right now, he just needed to rest. Telling his parents alone was surprisingly exhausting. But he was kind of happy he did it. The relief couldn't been any better feeling at that moment.

Downstairs he could hear how the door shut close, signaling the twins being home. Jinyoung took a deep breath again and braced himself for what was going to happen. If he was lucky, he had a few hours before it all came down.

Then suddenly, the house became silent.

He bet that by now, his parents faces already gave the truth away. Even if he didn't want his younger siblings to know, they would find out sooner or later. Jinyoung just hadn't expected it to be this soon.

The clock continued to click as he waited patiently, trying to listen after any noise.

In the end, he was left alone for two more hours, starting to feel slightly sleepy when Yeji suddenly came practically kicking the door down.

Hyunjin was right in her heels, both of them already bawling and looking like they had been through a storm.

"Oppa!" Yeji hiccuped, pulling him into a bone crushing hug as he let out a small "oumph" noise.

Her twin brother was crying too, furiously wiping them away as he took Jinyoung's hand in a shaky grip. "W-why w-wouldn't-t yo-ou-"

Not finding anymore words, Hyunjin burst out in a loud sob, squeezing his eyes shut.

"He's s-such a h-horrible person-n, oppa. I'm s-sorry, y-you should h-have to-old us b-before..." He started stroking Yeji's hair, trying to soothe her trembling as he felt his shirt getting wet from her tears. His heart felt like it was squeezed in his chest, not wanting the twins to feel like this.

"Hyung, I-I, I-I'm going to p-protect you from now on, o-okay? I won't let him hurt you again." Hyunjin swallowed thickly but he looked determined and Jinyoung gave him a sad smile. It was kind of adorable how much his younger brother cared for him.

But no way in hell he'd even let Hyunjin near Minjun. Not even over his dead body.

Jinyoung sighed softly, raising his hands to pat both of them on their head. "Yah, don't cry, it's alright. I'm not in danger and I have you guys now, remember?"