[33] Jokes

After Rue's words silence engulfed the room. However her laughter broke it. The men looked at her bewildered.

"Just kidding~"

"You brat!" Guen-Tae yelled.

"Heh." Rue smirked.

"You seriously got us there for a moment." Tae-Woo said as he sighed.

"Yeah, yeah. But that still doesn't mean that I'm going to be Empress. I have better things to do. Being a ruler, someone like me isn't suitable. You won't understand now but when time comes you'll realise why I refused." She grinned.

"What are you going on about?" Geun-Tae asked.

She glanced around the room. Her neon eyes went over every single individual in the room as a sigh left her mouth.

"Just as I thought. It's too early for it to appear." Rue said to herself.

"Early for what to appear?" Kye-Sook asked with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing. Nevermind. Anyways I should be leaving." As she turned around she was faced with soldiers fabricating the entrance.

"Seriously, these brats....." She muttered under her breathe.

"What's the meaning of this?" She glared at the advisor.

"I'm sorry your highness, but I simply cannot allow you to leave. You must stay here. This kingdom needs its Empress." Kye-Sook said bowing slightly.

"You really are the lowest of scum aren't you? Kye-Sook." She glared but let out a chuckle soon after confusing the advisor.

"You really think that you can stop me with this measly amount of soldiers? You really are too conceited." Kye-Sook furrows his eyebrows as Soo-Won remains silent.

"You think that someone who killed Yang Kumji, can be held back by this? Foolish." She smirked. Their eyes widened at the words.

"You were the one who killed Yang Kumji?" Guen-Tae asked shocked.

"We heard that he was killed by pirates." Soo-Won finally intervened.

"Oh dear, it seems that you people truly have no idea what I can do. Pity. Indeed his ships were under attack by pirates and amongst all that chaos I killed him in front of the very eyes of the people of Awa. I took his life and I watched as his body sinked to the depths of the monstrous sea." She tilted her head and smiled.

"You seriously killed someone?"

"Nonsense the Rye we knew would never hurt anyone! And killing was beyond the topic!" Tae-Woo yelled.

"Gotta say I agree with the kid." Geun-Tae grunted.

"The 'Rue' you all knew," an ominous atmosphere filled the hall as everyone could feel chills down their spine from the cold look in her neon eyes.

"Is dead. She was killed by own hands. She was weak and this world has no need for a weak person." She said as she grabbed her dagger. With a spin she ran towards the door and fought the soldiers. They were in shock as they could barely keep up with her. She was so fast in her movements.

In a span of minutes the soldiers who were once barricading zthe doors were now on the floor whimpering and groaning in pain. She injured them but not much, just enough to make them fall. Her dagger in hand she glanced over her shoulder and smiled chillingly.

"This world has no place for the weak. That was what staying with you people at the castle taught me."

Her neon eyes were blazing and seemed to drag you into them.

"By the way, Soo-Won." She started.

"You better be quick with whatever you are planning because time is short. For me and I think you know, for you as well." Soo-Won and Kye-Sook widened their eyes at her words.

She couldn't possibly know.... right?

Kye-Sook gulped nervously and before anyone could say anything she had left. Soo-Won slumped back into his seat in shock and silence came over the room yet again.

"Something has been bugging me." Tae-Woo said as he looked at his reflection into now the cold tea.

"What is it boy?" The head of Water Tribe said.

"Princess Rue left the Castle when she was about sixteen but why had she never come back? And when she came back she had her coronation and left immediately after." Tae-Woo frowned.

"Three years ago....."

Eyes turned to Joo-doh who seemed to be looking at the sky. He still remembered the distant the sky under which he used to watch them play. The trio Soo-Won, Rue and Hak were said to be the closest of friends.

He knew but it was also true that to him, Rue had always had a special place. She had always chosen to practice with Joo-doh rather than attend banquets or parties or celebrations.

"Do you know something, Joo-Doh?"

"I don't know much but apparently she left because of a huge fight between her and the previous King Il." Joo-doh says as Soo-Won has a surprised look.

"Fight? I don't think I heard of anything like that." Geun-Tae said crossing his arms.

"Me neither."

"There is something else that has been bothering me." The leader of the Water Tribe says.

"What is it?"

"Its the fact that she seems to harbour dark feelings towards the throne and the country in general. To me she strikes the type to do as she pleases without bothering about others."

"That's—" Tae-Woo tries to protest.

"You know it's true boy." Geun-Tae sighs.

"I need a break after all this tension."

"For once I have to agree."