"Frick you" In Flowers

Modern AU   Warning: Slight, light swearing

Hugo stormed out of the library. He. Was. Furious. First, he had to tutor Ying-orwhateverhisnamewas with NURU of all people, AND now the kid was making him APOLOGIZE TO HER!

As he walked home his mind twisted with ways to worm his way around apologizing. After some walking, a wicked grin slipped onto his face as he thought of the perfect way to "apologize".

The bell above the door of the flower shop swung wildly as the door slammed open, sending a gust of winter wind into the small shop.

"What the-" the employee at the cash managed to get out, before he was cut off.

"How do I passive-aggressively say, "Frick you" in flowers?" Hugo said, as he slammed 20 bucks down onto the counter.

The employee blinked, shocked, for a moment before getting up and saying, "Well, first you'd want some geraniums," as he walked over and picked the before mentioned flower up, "It means stupidity"

Hugo followed the employee around the store, as he named the different flowers and their meanings. As the employee rambled, Hugo finally took in what everything looked like, the store was small, painted green and yellow. With plants and flowers covering almost every inch of the store. Except for a small path down the cash register down at the back, and small pathways in-between rows so you could grab flowers.

As for the employee, also the only other person there, he was slightly smaller than Hugo, with bright blue eyes on a face filled with freckles. The employee was wearing the green and yellow uniform of the shop, with a named tag that read, "Varian." Perhaps the most striking thing about him was his black hair, which held a single blue stripe.

"Which means hatred." Varian finished off, holding a beautiful bouquet in his hands, "this good?" he asked.

"It's perfect," Hugo breathed. He grabbed the bouquet out of Varian's hands, and ran out of the shop yelling over his shoulder, "Money's on the counter, thanks again!"

30 minutes later, Hugo slipped into the library just on time to meet Yong for the session. He turned the corner into the children's area, to be surprised to not only find Yong and Nuru but with them the employee for the shop, Varian.

"Hugo!" Yong exclaimed noticing his entrance.

"Hugo..." Nuru muttered un-enthusiastically, rolling her eyes.

"Guy from the shop?" Varian questioned confused.

"Guy from the shop," Hugo nodded.

Nuru's eyes widened as she turned to Varian, "You know this doof?"

Varian glanced between the two, "Uh, yeah I-"

"Hairstripe here is the one who sold me your apology flowers," Hugo said, cutting him off, "Here ya go," he handed her the flowers with a flourish.

Varian's eyes widened about half an inch when he noticed the flowers in the bouquet.

Yong face lit up in a smile, happy they were apologizing.

Nuru seemed shocked he was actually apologizing, "uh, thanks," she muttered, as she took it from him.

Hugo cupped his hand to his ear grinning, "Sorry, what did you say"

Nuru sighed," Thank you," he grumbled a bit louder.

Hugo's face had a smug grin on it as he said, "Pardon my hearing, what did you?"

Nuru looked livid, "THANK YOU," she yelled at him, which got them quite a few stares.

"You're welcome," he said still grinning. Hugo winked, at Varian's amused and horrifed face.

 Afteran un-eventful tutoring session, (Un-eventful if you don't mention Varian'ssarcastic remarks every time Hugo failed to explain a simple concept to Yong) Hugowas finally making his way out of the library, grinning, the whole way home

Finally Finished! Took me all weekend to find this ending, but I'm pretty proud of it! I'll try, and get the next one up as soon as possible! Comments are loved! <3