10

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍| 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
"𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞."

— Everything felt wrong, they were exhausted and drained. It was hard, finnick lost her fiancée and left a baby behind, he could keep up.

"Tigris, do you remember me?" Cressida said out of breath. "I'm with plutarch's underground.
We need your help." She continued while Tigris stepped aside and let the remaining people of the star quad enter her home.

Finnick sat at the corner of the room, tears stains on his cheek. Looking at a picture he brought with him from district 4.

"Are you okay?" Johanna said softly while placing a hand on his shoulders.

Nodding his head side to side. "No, I don't think so" he whispered, hurt evidence in his voice.

"We had a promise" he sighed. "I should have stay by her side" pulling his hair and placing his head on the wall.

"You have to be strong" the district 7 girl said, while a knot was form on her stomach.

"Don't" he said through his teeth. "I'm tired of being strong."

"For caspian" she murmured while standing up and leaving the broken boy behind.

"There is no special mission from coin." Katniss said earning the attention from everyone. "There's only my plan. Everyone that's dead is dead because of me. I lied."

"We know. We all knew." Johanna said while sitting next to gale.

"The soldiers from 13?" The girl on fire asked.

"They did, too." Gale respond while looking at his bloodied arm.

"Do you really believe that Jackson thought you had orders from coin?" Cressida asked the district 12 girl. "She trusted boggs and he clearly wanted you to go on."

"I never meant for this to happen. I failed. I..." a knot forming on katniss throat. "I killed them. killed Sage. I'm sorry, pollux. I'm so sorry. Glimmer, marvel, clove, wiress, rue." Tears coming out of the girls eyes "What do all those deaths mean?"

"They mean that our lives were never ours." Finnick respond blankly. "There was no real life because we didn't have any choice. Our lives belong to snow and our deaths do, too. But if you kill him, katniss... If you end all of this, all those deaths, they mean something. Cinna, boggs, castor, Jackson, sage." Standing up and approaching the group he continued."They chose this. They chose you."

— "Mortar shells. It's not ours. Peacekeepers must be shellin'" Cressida said while looking through the window.

"Sun's comin' up. There's some small-arms fire." Finnick said standing up and taking his trident. He had a hard night.

"Could be paylor, maybe lyme." Johanna stated while waking gale up.

"Rebels are close. This is it." Katniss said. They were ready to finish everything that's now started. They were ready to survive.

To all capitol citizens more than a half mile outside the city circle, I am announcing a mandatory evacuation. Come to the mansion. I am promising you shelter and sanctuary. All refugees, come to my home. And there you will be provided with food, medicine, safety for your children, and you will have my solemn oath to protect you until my dying breath." Snows voice was heard in the speakers that surrounded the capitol.