Vanitas x Princess of Heart!Reader

|𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙼𝚢 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎|

Requested by: vanitas_unversed Hope you will enjoy it! I didn't know how to end it but here it is!

Once upon a time, there was the kingdom of Zanile. It was ruled by a loving king and queen and they had a beloved daughter, (Y/N). See, this kingdom had a special twist of it. They had an alliance with the mythical creatures which lived in the forest just in front of their land. Faires, spirits, golems, and many more magical creatures; they all lived in perfect harmony.  Until one day, that is. The queen and the princess went to the forest for the princess wanted to explore. An evil darkness covered the forest that day and the magical creatures had nothing but death in their minds. The queen was killed and the princess managed to escape, only to have befallen with a curse. The king was angered upon this and forbade anyone to ever have contact with magic. All magicians and wizards in the kingdom were either banished or slaughtered.

The princess' curse? Her memories will reset at every start of the a new year.

-------

"Today is the day, Kitty. I swear!" You talked to your stuffed cat doll. "I'll finally escape this place and journey to the forest, today." 

Of course, your doll didn't respond. It was a doll after all. You were the very cursed princess of the kingdom of Zanile. Due to your curse, you forgot all about your mother's death and why your father had banished all kinds of magic. "As planned, I secretly took all of the bed sheets and create a super long rope in order for me to slowly slide down towards the ground." 

"Again, Princess (Y/N)?"

"Ah?! Janah, what are you doing here?" You nervously chuckled at your personal maid, Janah. She already knew that you are once again trying to escape the castle. 

"All the bedsheets seems missing, do you might know why?" She shot a look at you and stared at the window. "Princess, you do know that your father forbade you from leaving the castle."

"Yes, I know." You glumly answered as your eyes were stuck at the ground. "Father told me at least a million times." You came clean and handed the huge pile of bedsheets to the maid as she walked away, leaving you alone. 

"Guess today isn't the day, Kitty." You stated glumly as you flopped down on your fluffy bed. "I want to see if the rumors are true and if they're really are magical beings just outside these walls. What is my father so afraid of?"

"Afraid that you'll get hurt." Your father suddenly spoke up as he opened the door to your room. 

"Father, I-" 

"No, I understand. Curiosity fuels up your wonder and imagination, which is a good thing" The king walked up towards you and brushed up a strand of your hair and tucked it behind your ear. "But that forest cannot be entered. Ever."

"Dangerous things are there. That's why you have to stay here, where it is safe." He said as he kissed your forehead and patted your head. "Besides, you don't have to worry about that. You will soon meet your future husband, after all. You should be happy, alright?" 

Ah, that's right. I'm engaged. With some guy, I don't know a single thing about him. You nodded with agreement with your father earning a smile from him as he left your room. You hated this deal. An arranged marriage you never even agreed to. All to restore peace and tranquility? Bogus!