⋬three⋭

You shifted in the plush sheets, snuggling your head into the pillow. The room was cold, but the comfortable kind of cold that you weren't freezing. You felt the other side of the bed shift as an arm was thrown around your waist. When you turned your body around you were met with the peacefully sleeping face of Spencer Reid, his eyes shut and his chest moving slowly with each breath. His hair stood up in places, sticking to his forehead in others. You just sat there and watched him sleep. 

"Yah know, staring isn't polite." His morning voice was deep and raspy, the kind that was smooth against your ears. 
"Sorry, I couldn't help it." His eyes opened slowly, the sunlight streaming in from the window to illuminate his chiseled features. His eyes looked at you softly, the small bit of a smile playing on his lips. You just laid there and looked at him for a bit, a strange twisty feeling forming in your stomach that you couldn't quite understand. 
"Don't apologize. I don't mind it." His hand moved to cup your cheek, his thumb rubbing across your flushed cheeks. "Plus, I think etiquette has gone out the window considering that the things I said to you last night weren't exactly gentlemanly." You felt a blush creep onto your face as the memories of last night flooded back to you quickly at just the mention of it. He just chuckled as you buried your face into the pillow. 
"Don't laugh at me." 
"For a girl who acts so tough, you turn soft pretty quickly." His voice was sweet, soft, and caring, something you hadn't heard come from someone in a long time. 

He rolled over to check the time on the alarm clock next to his bed. 
"It's 7:30 and we gotta be in to work at 9:00. Hotch said he'd give us that went to the bar a little leeway after last night but I don't think he'll give us that much." You sighed as he rolled over and pulled the blanket off of his body, watching the muscles of his back stretch as he reached down to grab his boxer shorts. He grabbed your clothes from around the room and set them in a folded pile at the end of the bed. You attempted to sit up in the bed but a pain shot through your abdomen, sending a tingling feeling into your legs. The more you shifted the more pain spread through you, and Spencer seemed to notice as he buckled his belt. 

"You alright?" You nodded, trying to shift again but wincing. 
"Yeah, yeah. It just hurts...a lot." You pushed through the pain and put your legs over the edge of the bed, Spencer telling you to wait while he went to get something. He came back with a bottle of Tylenol and a cup of coffee, putting it down on the bedside table. You put your undergarments back on and sat up.
"Here, this should help." You took one of the pills and took a drink from the mug, setting it back down. Spencer sat on the bed next to you, making sure you were okay. "Probably shouldn't have gone so rough the first time." He pushed his hair away from his eyes, and you just looked at him. 
"The first time?" When you repeated it back to him, his eyes went wide when he realized what he actually said. 
"I-uh-I mean-" You laughed, cutting his words off with a kiss to his lips. 
"You really expect me to not want to do this again after you made me feel like that last night? For god's sakes I can't walk."
"My bad." He kissed you back, holding your face in his hands. "I'll let you get dressed so I can take you home to change." He left the room, shutting the door behind him. 

The Tylenol had finally kicked in so you could stand up now, grabbing last night's clothes from the end of the bed. You slipped them on and managed to stand, balancing on your heels. You walked out into his living room with the cup of coffee in your hands. He put a plate with french toast and strawberries in front of you, along with a fork and a knife. You thanked him and cut a piece. The two of made small talk as you ate the breakfast he made for you. 

Maybe he really was right. Maybe there were men that were different than all those people who'd caused you so much pain.

The ride back to your apartment wasn't nearly as awkward as it had been the first time. It was a comfortable silence that consisted of you staring out the window humming to the music on the radio, tapping your foot on the floor of the car. He finally pulled up outside of you apartment building, putting the car in park. 
"Do you think you'll be able to get up okay?"
"Yeah, I'll just have to take the elevator." You went to reach for the door handle but stopped.
"Spencer, what does this make us now?"
"It doesn't have to make us anything." He answered back matter of factly. "But I supposed the correct term would be friends with benefits." 
"Then I guess I'll see you at work." 

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

You were so unbelievably uncomfortable. Midway through your drive to work the Tylenol had worn off, which left you in a terribly uncomfortable state to where your legs were almost numb. You tried to walk into the building normal, but your walking was staggered and uneven. As you walked out of the elevator and onto the floor of the BAU offices, you wobbled on your heels. You put on your usual outfit of a tight dress and heels, which you now realized was a bad idea. You sat at your desk, which was diagonal from Spencer's. He smirked as you sat down. 

"Don't get that smug look on your face." You spoke under your voice so you didn't alert anyone. 
"But it's so fun watching you squirm and knowing I caused it." He said it so casually that you almost thought you were imagining it. Your face turned red, making you clench your teeth. 
"Just please tell me you have Tylenol on you." He dug into the drawer of his desk and pulled out a bottle, handing it to you. As you were about to take it, he pulled it back towards him. 
"No, I think I'll let you squirm for a little bit longer. I like watching it." You glared at him and he just smirked, looking down at his work. 

The day continued on in discomfort, but you really needed a coffee. Everyone else had arrived to work, the girls looking very hungover from the night before. Morgan seemed to be the only one that went last night who was remotely okay. You got up and walked to the coffee maker, pulling down your dress anytime you staggered to make it seem like you were just fixing your dress. You put the pot underneath the maker and pressed the button to start it. You kept shifting, trying not to make it obvious. 

"Late night?" 
"I really don't have the patience for your bullshit today, Morgan." You shifted again, hearing the coffee pot ding. You got up from your seat at the small break table, your body betraying you as you let out a small wince when you tried to walk to the counter. He smirked. 
"Oh oh, you sure did have a long night, I can tell." 
"What are you talking about?" You poured the coffee in your cup. 
"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that you can't really walk right now? Or the fact you didn't do too good of a job of covering up the hickeys allover your chest?" 
Shit.
You forgot about those when you put on such a low cut dress this morning.
You turned towards him and gave him a devilish smirk. 

"Yah know what, yes Derek, I did have a late night last night. As a matter of fact, I got fucked into the mattress by someone who I imagine is twice as much of a man as you are. So unless you had the same luck last night, I don't wanna hear it." Your heels clacked as you stomped back to you desk, wincing again as you sat down a little too hard. Spencer just smirked while writing something. 

"Twice as much, huh?" His voice was quiet so only you could hear. 
"Shut up." He handed you the bottle of Tylenol without looking up, you taking it and pouring two out. You downed them with your coffee. "Thank you."