CHAPTER 9

I know your name

The young woman was awakened by a strange noise: bees, giant bees. She tried to get up to get a better look, but realized she was blocked, so she turned around and saw her young blond dwarf holding her waist in an iron grip.

"Time to get up sleepyhead!"

Kili exclaimed, coming up behind his brother.

"Good morning Arya!"

"Good morning Kili."

"Why on earth do have to make all this noise early in the morning?"

Fili grumbled, turning to give his younger brother a reproachful look, but all he actually did was a funny and indecipherable expression, at the sight of which Kili burst out laughing, soon followed by Arya. The blond stuck his face into the straw sighing.

"Now you too? Really?"

He asked the young woman, who couldn't stop laughing, pretending to be offended, just before being himself infected by his brother's laughter.

"Hey, what's going on here? Why are you all laughing?"

"Nothing Bofur, forget it."

Kili stated.

"Come on lads, we are waiting for you at the door."

Gloin added, walking after Bofur.

When the three youngsters joined the other members of the company, they found them intent on discussing what to do.

"Well, I say we should leg it. Slip out the back way."

Nori said, trying not to panic.

"Hey! I'm not running from anyone, beast or no!"

Replied Dwalin angrily.

"There is no point in arguing. We cannot pass through the Wilderland without Beorn's help. We'll be hunted down before we ever get to the forest."

Gandalf scolded them.

"Now, this will require some delicate handling. We must tread very carefully: the last person to have startled him was torn to shreds."

He continued, walking towards the door.

"I will go first and...Bilbo? You come with me."

He then stated, looking at the hobbit, who had just appeared from behind Bombur.

"Oh, uh, are you sure that's a good idea?"

The halfling asked him, somewhat worried.

"Yes, of course it is! And, um, Arya, it would be better if you came too."

The wizard added, turning to the girl, who nodded in response.

"Now, the rest of you, you just wait here and don't come out until I give the signal. And no sudden moves or loud noises, and don't overcrowd him. And only come out in pairs...no, actually, Bombur...um, you count as two so you should come out alone."

He said at last, just before leaving the house followed by the young woman and the hobbit.
Once outside, Gandalf cleared his throat.

"You're nervous."

Bilbo stated, looking at him a little uneasily.

"Nervous?! What nonsense."

He replied restlessly.

"Good morning."

Gandalf began, once they got close to Beorn.

"Good morning!"