Chapter 02

I woke to the sound of my alarm clock going off, I was brought out of that same dream as before still never catching the figure watching over me. I was curious as to why I kept having this dream. Then remembering my last night talk with Lilith she had me bring up a lot of questions in my head.

I got up walked to the bathroom and started my routine for the day, as I finished getting ready I walked downstairs to the kitchen and found a note on the table saying 'No need to make me breakfast I went out on another hunt with the men,,, love you sweetie' I groaned as I read the note I hated who my dad was, before my mother passed we lived a normal life.

We were that normal loving family, we would spend our dinners at the table together discussing how our days went. Mom was always happy and she kept us in good moods especially my dad. He would get frustrated from work and all mom had to do was touch his hand and he would calm down. It was like she had some sort of power where she could control our feelings.

Mom would read me bedtime stories and tuck me in at night. She was killed before my twelfth birthday, I was heartbroken, she was my best friend. I never found out what happened to her and dad says she was murdered but police never looked into it.

I decided to just make me a bowl of cereal before I headed to school as I sat down and ate it quickly and quietly remembering everything I could about my mom, the way she smelled like strawberries, how beautiful her long brown hair was even on the bad days, the way her brown eyes carried so much happiness. I can't remember a time where mom was never smiling nothing ever brought her spirit down. The anniversary of her death was coming up soon and that's usually when dad got super busy hunting. When I finished eating I put my bowl and spoon in the sink then grabbed my bag and headed out.

Once I got to school Scarlet was leaning against my locker waiting for me as Lucas had just walked up to her. They smiled at me as I smiled back before Scarlet slid aside for me to get in my locker. As I opened the lock getting into my locker I heard someone clear their throat so I looked towards the pair watching me.

"So Alex asked about you yesterday at football practice." Scarlet mentioned giggling like a little kid.

I nodded. "Cool." Not really interested. "Whose Alex?"

"That's it, one of the hottest guys on the team ask about you and all you can say is cool!" She shrieked.

"Hey I thought I was the hottest on the team." Lucas pouts.

Scarlet smacks his chest lightly smiling. "You are, to me but from other girl's point of view Alex is." Lucas continued to pout while Scarlet shook her head at him. "Besides if I catch other girls calling you hot I'll have to throw down."

Lucas laughed at her remark. "Fair enough."

I rolled my eyes at the two. "Look Scarlet we have been best friends since sixth grade you know better then I do that I don't do jerks... I mean jocks."

"But he is super hot and super single asking all about you." She squealed as if that would change anything.

I shook my head and waved goodbye to them as I walked off to my first period to settle down and finish my homework. The whole time class was going on I just kept replaying memories of my mom in my head, it'll be six years in four days. I wished she were still here then maybe dad would have never become one of those hunters. After mom's death my dad started hanging out at this bar where apparently a lot of hunters go to discuss their hunts with others.

As the bell rang for lunch I hurriedly got my stuff together and made it to my locker within seconds. As I entered the cafeteria I spotted Scarlet and Lucas sitting with Alex 'oh great' I thought. I stood in the line to get my tray and take my seat. I was not too happy about this situation that Scarlet was putting me through.