Chapter 03

As we arrived to Lilith's castle I began to freak at how terrified I was to be in front of many vampires at one time. Lilith held my hand as she opened the castle door. She pulled me along to a huge room with three thrones where her father, a almost black haired man with grey, almost silver eyes, sat with her mother, a beautiful woman with golden blonde hair and golden eyes all kissed by the sun, on one side and her older sister, a younger girl version of her father with grey eyes that held so much hate and pain accompanied with long straight black hair, on the other.

"Daddy we have a visitor sent by Scotus." She chimes as her family turned to look towards me. I shrunk away feeling so small under their gaze.

"Lilith what are you doing with a human?" Her father bellowed. "Guards."

Lilith stepped in front of the guards protecting me. "No father Scotus has sent her here, she belongs to Eli they are to bring our worlds at peace finally."

Her father snapped his eyes towards me as Lilith continued to tell him about my dreams and how she has spoken to Scotus herself. I watched this all unfold in front of me eyes widening at her mention of speaking to Scotus.

"Child come here." He called for me to kneel in front of him. I looked to Lilith as she nodded before I walked towards him and knelt down in front of his throne. "Let me hold your hand."

"Why?" I stuttered terrified that he would bite me.

Lilith's mother chuckled as if she could read my thoughts. "Child we as the vampire royals have powers that no other vampire has." I nodded still afraid of what that meant. "I'm Dawn Chambers, vampire queen I can read your mind and my husband here Cassius Chambers he can see whatever you have seen just by a touch."

I bow my head in understanding as I looked up to Dawn. "What about Lilith?"

"Oh sweet child she can speak to Scotus he sometimes will show her the future if it benefits us to know." She answered my question very kindly.

I reached my hand out giving it to Cassius so he could pick my brain. As he touched my hand his eyes glazed over and he nodded before he let go of my hand he smiled at me. "Amazing that a human could have such a dream."

"What did you see father?" Lilith's older sister asked.

"Jezebel go call upon your brother." He instructed as Jezebel groaned but she got up and left the room.

"What is your name child?" Cassius requested.

My throat felt dry as I began to speak the doors to the room opened causing me to turn and look towards the source.

Our eyes met and I felt like it was just me and him in the room my breath hitched in my throat and my heart did a flip. "Mine." I heard before I collapsed to the ground..

"Eli so she is the chosen one?" Dawn spoke softly as Eli clung to the frail human laying on the floor.

"Yes mother I tried to stay away from her I knew I would harm her." Eli answered his mother's question as he looked to his beautiful mate.

"Lilith what is the girls name? What all do you know about her?" Cassius demanded answers.

"Father she isn't like the others so what I tell you can not cloud your judgement." Lilith was reluctant to tell him all she knew of her friend.

"Lilith is there things we should know?" Dawn questioned her youngest daughter.

"Her name is Destiny Slay." Everyone gasped. Jezebel went to complain but Lilith just continued to talk. "Her father is a hunter but she isn't like him she refuses to be anything like him. He became a hunter after her mother was killed."

Eli looked to Lilith. "Who killed her mother?"

"I'm glad you asked that brother she doesn't know but it was one of our kind and her father witnessed it and that is why he became a hunter." Lilith answered the questions swiftly. "Now she told me that her father and some of his hunter friends are looking for us she came to see me to warn us."

"What do they know of us?" Cassius asked.

"Father we shouldn't keep her here what if her father comes looking for her or if he followed her here?" Jezebel complained.

"Quiet Jezebel." Dawn looked to her older daughter.

"The hunters know we live in a town inside of a castle and the town is full of vampires." Lilith continued on. "She said that she doesn't think they know where our village is but we should be on the lookout. That is why Eli and Destiny must become one before they find us."

Jezebel frantically shook her head while Cassius and Dawn nodded understanding what Lilith was saying. Eli looked down to the vulnerable girl in his arms.

"How will Destiny and I becoming one protect our family and our kind?" Eli solicited.

Lilith grinned to her brother. "Because with you two being one it makes our kind just as equal as humans." She remarked. "Humans will no longer be able to kill us any who were to try would forget who we are and we would be able to walk among the humans and blend in."

"Why would we want that?" Jezebel grumbled.

"Jezebel for centuries our kind have been hunted and slain we would like to live peacefully with others." Dawn replied to her daughter sternly as if telling her to shut up.

"Eli take Destiny up to your room." Cassius called out to his son.

Eli nodded as he grasped her fragile body in his arms bridal style and walked towards the doorway. "Eli don't frighten her." Dawn spoke distressed. Eli turned to his mother smiled and nodded as if saying I won't and continued to walk out of the room towards his room.

The dark started to be more clear as Destiny opened her eyes wondering where she was and what had happened. She began looking around at her surroundings but the dark made it difficult for her to see much.

"Are you alright?" A voice came from the shadows making her jump back a bit. Before she was met with those beautiful ocean blues from her dream.

She nodded her head frantically unable to speak a word. He smiled at her. "Cat got your tongue?" He asked quizzical.

"N-n-no but you do." She said slapping her hand over her mouth after realizing how stupid she sounded. He chuckled as he grabbed her hands away from her mouth.

"It's cute when your cheeks turn so red." He laughed. 'Oh how his laugh made my insides float.' I thought as he stared at me with his head tilted.

"S-so um where am I-I at?" I stuttered nervously.

"My room, my bed is that a problem?" He examined my facial features.

"No not at all but I probably should get home before my father knows I'm missing." I rambled on.

He smirked. "That hurts, you want to leave me that soon."

"Oh no that's not it at all I would love to spend more time with you but my father would wonder where I've gone if I'm not home before he is." I roam with my words.

He chuckled again. "Well we would like for you to stay with us I have a way of persuading people."

I nodded. "Okay but won't that make my father suspicious of who you are?" I asked.

"Not at all unless it doesn't work on him." He answered smiling at me.

I called the phone at my house and my father didn't pick up so I left him a message telling him I was staying at Scarlet's. Once I hung up I texted Scarlet to cover for me if my dad asked her if I was there. I looked back to Eli and I could not move my eyes were locked on his and as if I'm slow motion his lips connected with mine and the sparks shot off.

He kissed me and I liked it.