- - --- ꒰CHAPTER 1꒱

(Edited)

(Y/N): An Introduction

The Demon Slayer Corps could tell you many pieces of useful and brilliant knowledge, but perhaps the most accurate would be this: "Giyu is not a man of many words."

Indeed, Giyu was not a man of many words. His aura was silent as was his nature; cold and stoic. Although he had endured a somewhat difficult mission, his dark hair was sleek and cool, his handsomely featured face unscathed but small cut, and his movements agile. He was elegant. Silent. Powerful. His dark blue eyes pierced you with their mysterious intelligence.

But today, there was one thing that shattered his image.

Today, Giyu held a wailing baby in his arms.

The baby was hastily wrapped in bloody rags, (most likely a piece of kimono torn from a corpse) and was of a particularly loud nature. It's cries echoed through the front yard of the butterfly mansion, startling it's residents.

Giyu, of course, made no attempt to quiet the child.

Ignoring the surprised stares that reached him, he went his own way, strutting towards the infirmary with an air of indignant arrogance, as if he couldn't come to understand why everyone was gaping at him.

He arrived at the sliding door of the infirmary and opened it. Then sniffled in disgust.

Most would have been happy to see the face of Kocho Shinobu after a fatiguing mission. Even as she stood behind the door, her head poking out, she was delicate, sweet, and very pretty.

But her words could be poison itself. Giyu knew this too well.

Thus, he rolled his eyes and looked the other way, heaving a deep sigh.

"Giyu-san~" Shinobu said his name coyly, her small, pink lips in a mischievous smirk, "I see you've kept a certain someone hidden from us! And to go that far... poor girl..." these last words were said with such overwhelming sarcasm that Giyu couldn't help but cringe distastefully.

"He's not mine. He's a survivor from the mission."

"Ah."

Shinobu looked a bit disappointed at Giyu's bland comeback and shrugged.

"...Proud of yourself being a virgin... I see..." She said with mocking thoughtfulness.

"..."

Despite the intensity of this insult, The male looked nonplussed. With one arm still holding the screaming baby, and one touching the back of his neck, he said in monotone,

"Miss Kocho. Could you get him something to eat? He is hurting my ears."

Shinobu's gaze landed on the baby at last, seeming to have just realized the disturbance. She patted Giyu lightly on the shoulder as if to say, "Cheer up, pal" and giggled as she skipped back into the infirmary.

Giyu had barely time to recover from Shinobu's sadistic harassment when a blurry streak of green and pink came running towards him at full speed. His deadpan expression broke for a millisecond and his eyes widened. He knew who it was.

He also knew that his life would be in grave danger if he did not move aside.

The green and pink streak slowly evolved into a muscled young women with large breasts and a friendly smile.

"I heard a baby's wail and I couldn't resist!" Mitsuri Kanroji squealed, out of breath. She was energetic, robust, and her optimism always went beyond Giyu's comprehension, "Oooh~! Hmu hmu... I see... Aren't you worried that he's someone else's son?"