- - --- ꒰CHAPTER 4꒱

Kanao: The Silent Friend

(Y/N) wondered if he'd gotten stronger, like Uncle Sanemi said. He hoped he had as he looked for someone in the courtyard.

"Ah! Kanao-san!" The boy shouted excitedly, "You can't believe what happened today...!"

Although Kanao never said a word to (Y/N), he would often tell her his thoughts and feelings. When (Y/N) was around Kanao-san, he felt talkative-- although he was usually known as the shy, quiet one.

Kanao sat by the boy until he had talked himself out. She gave him a blank smile.

"See you!"

(Y/N) took his leave, waving. He was on his way to visit Auntie Mitsuri. His (E/C) eyes shone at the thoughts of delicious sweets Auntie Mitsuri always had around. She ate more food than Uncle Sanemi and Papa combined.

-------

"AWAH~! (Y/N)-kun! You've grown even taller!" Auntie Mitsuri said in her enthusiastic tone. Bending down, she pinched his chubby cheeks.

"Ah... Auntie.... That hurts...." (Y/N) protested.

Mitsuri let go, leaving two red marks on the boy's (skintone) skin. (Y/N) rubbed the red marks petulantly.

"While you're here... how about some dango?"

His scornful face cleared as (Y/N) heard these words. He grabbed a dango happily.

Hugs: A Favorite Pastime

"Mitsuri," Papa chided, "Stop giving him sweets. You're spoiling him."

(Y/N) ran to Giyu. "Papa! A hug?"

Giyu's expression was a mix of disgust, surprise, and regret. He turned to Mitsuri expectantly,

"Do I look like some paternal figure to you?!"

"Nope. You look more like a depressed and divorced man half the time." Mitsuri cheerfully answered.

Giyu rolled his eyes, "Thanks."

(Y/N) gazed from Mitsuri to Giyu, and back again.

"Papa~" he whined, issuing a sigh from Giyu, "Hug."

"I don't do hugs."

At these words, the boy clung to his legs, "HUG." He said adamantly.

With forced optimism, Giyu picked up the child, held him to his chest, and reminded himself to never get married.

"You look like you're holding a rat, not a boy, for Goodness sake."

(A/N): extremely short chapter, but I promise I'll up the word count on the next one!