I. PROLOGUE

╔══════════════════════╗ PENSIEVE - I

PENSIEVE - I. PROLOGUE
╚══════════════════════╝

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

HARRY POTTER sat in the living room of his Aunt's house, a warm mug of hot chocolate clutched in his hands. His mood was significantly higher than it had been since the end of the school year, when he discovered that his Godfather was indeed not a traitorous mass-murderer, because he would be spending the final month of summer with his Aunt Eloise (as he'd been doing every year since he discovered she existed) before setting off for the Weasleys.

Despite his joyous mood, there was still something bothering him— something that he had been turning over in his mind for the past month.

Had his Aunt and Godfather been a thing?

Of course, he could be overthinking things. In fact, it was likely that he was. But even Hermione could admit that Sirius' sudden change of demeanor from furious to worried in the Shrieking Shack was a little odd. One moment he was shouting for revenge, and only a moment later he paused and turned to Professor Lupin, asking, "Eloise— how is she? Is she doing alright?"

In truth, Sirius was only worried because everywhere he went, the not-so-hushed whispers of him and his family were heard. And hearing about him and the Black family constantly, he figured, must have reminded Eloise about Regulus.

Regulus . . . his foolish younger brother. Sirius had not exactly been on good terms with him when he passed. To tell the truth, he hadn't been on good terms with his brother years before that. But still, Sirius knew how shattered Eloise had been when his brother died. He just wanted to make sure she was holding up alright.

Harry never asked anything that night, since he was a bit preoccupied trying to save Sirius from getting his soul sucked out. That, and his initial reaction to his Godfather's question was being angry with him for mentioning his sweet Aunt (but when the truth was revealed and Pettigrew mentioned Eloise, Harry made sure to give the traitorous rat a good kick).

"Is everything alright, Harry?"

Eloise Potter noticed her nephew had been quiet, more than usual, and it was obvious that something was on his mind. She remembered her brother making the very same face when he was thinking of something— the resemblance was really quite uncanny. Eloise felt, almost for a moment, that she was fourteen again, watching her brother think up pranks for the next school year.