IX. NEW YEAR, NEW BEGINNINGS

╔═══════════════════════════╗IX

IX. NEW YEAR, NEW BEGINNINGS
╚═══════════════════════════╝

31 December, 1977 / 1 January, 1978
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
The Room of Requirement

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT was set up to look like the perfect room for a New Year's Party. There were streamers and confetti spread all around the room, along with a few stray balloons that got kicked around as the partygoers danced. There was a long table with a variety of snacks and drinks set up all along it, and a large clock on the wall that would be used for the countdown.

Loud music from some new wizard band Eloise hadn't heard of was blaring while everyone happily danced and sang along (quite off pitch, might she add). But the only person that Eloise was focused on was Regulus.

The party was extremely small for a Marauders party, and a New Year's one at that. The only people present were the four Marauders themselves, Lily Evans (who James finally had the pleasure of calling his girlfriend earlier on in the year), Marlene McKinnon (Lily's best friend), Eloise, and Regulus (although he was invited reluctantly).

Eloise was completely content with the small party because the last thing her or Regulus needed was rumors circling around them being together. It was risky enough for him to be friends with her, but something even more? Goodness, it would be enough to give Walburga Black a heart attack (Eloise wouldn't deny that she considered it for a good second). Her perfect son, dating a blood-traitor Hufflepuff? Oh, the horror!

"I have a question," Regulus started slowly. "It's rather important, I'd say . . ."

"Alright . . ." said Eloise, looking at the boy she was dancing nervously, "what is it?"

"Would you . . . er— shit I'm horrible at this," muttered Regulus. He took a deep breath before starting again, "Would you like —"

"TEN!"

"NINE!"

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" shouted Regulus over the noise.

"EIGHT!"

"What kind of question is that?" Eloise shouted back.

"SEVEN!"

"Of course! I would love to be your girlfriend, you twat," she finished.

"SIX!"

"FIVE!"

"Really?" asked Regulus giddily.

"FOUR!"

"Yes, of course!"

"THREE!"

"TWO!"

"ONE!"

And before either of them could think twice about the six other people present in the room, including both of their older brothers, Eloise and Regulus kissed to the New Year.

It was only a few seconds before both of them heard a very loud "WHAT!" from next to them, and they pulled away, only to find everyone else (besides Remus) in the room staring at them with their jaws dropped.

Remus wore a wide smile, Peter, Marlene, and Lily all had eyes as wide as saucers and their mouths were hanging open, and of course, the two brothers.

Sirius and James looked shocked. And angry.

"Er— surprise . . .?" said Eloise sheepishly, giving them a wary smile while clutching onto her boyfriend's hand tightly.