Chapter 1.

Author's POV

It was 10 at night. A man in his late 20's was holding a small fragile figure, shivering at his grip. He tried to coax him into doing a few things in a baby voice.
" It's okay Xing, I won't let them harm you. Gege is here for you. Don't cry baby" Smaller'ss were closed he was sobbing loudly while the older was trying to calm him down.
The older was cursing himself for being able helpless.
"Gege, Will they come to take me..???" The smaller boy asked looking at his big brother with those swollen eyes.
"No baby, I won't let that happen." The older wiped his tears from smaller's cheeks.
" Xing is Scared " Xing put his small hands on his brother's neck putting his head on his chest.
Suddenly they heard a loud bang.
Both of them clung to the wall of the cupboard.
The older was trying to hide his brother praying to God to let them survive.
" Please God!! Do a miracle. Please save us. Don't test us anymore. You already took away our parents. Have mercy on us, God "
The older was pleading his prayers. There was no other option, he couldn't fight them they were way too powerful.

A few hours earlier.

Two bulky men came inside their house with a gun in their hands.
Behind them, a man wearing fine clothes came inside. He looked around at the house.
" Xiao Zhan, today is the last day. If you didn't pay the debt till evening. My men will come and snatch your poor little brother to sell him. And you, ( he pointed at the man standing there holding Xing in his arms.) You will be my slave" He laughed loudly seeing the terrified faces of both of them.

Hearing this Xiao Zhan's whole body shivered with an unknown fear.
" Please give me some time Sir. I will pay the whole debt soon. " Xiao pleaded while holding back his tears.
" I want my money today... My men will be waiting outside so you won't run away from me. Tonight I will have you" The person licked his lips. Xiao Zhan felt disgusted seeing him.
They left them there but as the person said, two men were standing outside his door.
His younger brother 'Xing' was shaking badly.

Xiao Zhan was praying for him and his brother's life

He heard footsteps inside his house.
" Xiao Zhan, come out. I am here to help you." Xiao Zhan heard. He was shocked at first, no one wanted to help him. His relatives and friends are poor like him. He thought It might be a trap so he decided not to come out.

" Listen, I don't have much time. I will wait for 5 mins. If you don't come out of that cupboard, I'll leave. Then you know what will happen if fail to pay your debt. "

Xiao Zhan was a deep thought. They already know that he is inside the cupboard. What if that person genuinely wanted to help? Even if this is a trap, they will drag him out anytime they want.
He decided to take a chance. He was curious who is the person who wanted to help him.  He opened the cupboard and peeked outside. A man whom he had never met was standing near a window inside his bedroom. Zhan was sure he heard more than one man's footsteps. Maybe other people were outside in the hall.
He slowly came out of the cupboard holding his gaze at the unknown man. After him, Xing too came out hidden behind Zhan.
The unknown man turned at looked at Zhan, scanning him upside down.
The unknown man looked rich and handsome. And Xiao Zhan was sure he never met this man in his life.