Chapter 2

Xiao Zhan's POV

It was intense. Have you ever had a dream where you felt yourself falling all of a sudden and woke up in a panic?
Woah..., I felt that. When that bright light surrounded us I closed my eyes, it was way too bright that I might get blind.
For a few seconds, I felt myself flooding in the air and within a second I felt my feet on the ground again. Thanks to that man who was holding my hands otherwise I would have been laying on the ground.
The light was gone but I blinked several times to adjust my eyes. I opened my eyes slowly.
Okay, I want to confirm that it is a dream. This can't be real right?
We were standing in front of a large house, no not a house actually but a mansion. It wasn't modern, it looked ancient. It was night time but this is what makes it more beautiful.

" Welcome to Lotus Pier. Let's go inside" Jiang Cheng said. He looked exhausted.
I nodded and followed him inside.
At that moment I only thought about saving my brother and myself but now I am scared. How can I trust those people.? What if they are more dangerous than those debt collectors?
My heart was pounding fast. I hold Xing close to me.
As we entered inside, the house was filled with the scent of lotus. I looked around, I gaped at the beauty of the inside.
The golden coating of the paint on the light cream wall looked perfect with the windows, had royal purple curtains hanging on the other side of them.
He leads me to a mysterious room in the basement.  They didn't utter a word during the whole time and it would be like if I said I am not scared at all.
" Don't worry, we won't harm you. " I heard an unfamiliar voice from behind, I turned back.
" Hello, I am Jiang Fengmian,  Jiang Cheng's father and Duke of Yunmeng."

"Father

"Father... " Jiang Cheng said and Bowed with respect.
" Your Grace" the other man Bowed to him
I decided to show respect too so I Bowed.
He nodded politely and turned towards Jiang Cheng.
"Are you Sure..??" he asked.
" YES,"  Jiang Cheng replied.
What the hell, are they talking about..??

That old man walked at the door and chanted some spell in who knows which language at that large purple door opened.

Are they going to kill me here.?
I felt pain in my arms. I was holding Xing all the way here. And he might be only 13 but still, he is heavy.
We all entered inside. There was a table in the middle & there was something on it which was covered with cloth. Expect this, the room was empty.
"You can think once again, we are going to include you and your brother in our family and after that, you will never be able to go back to your old life. " Jiang Fengmian said looking directly into my eyes.
Now I felt I was in serious trouble.
If I reject their idea they will surely send me back. And if I accept their proposal then I do not know what will happen next.
That's when Xing stirs in my arms. He opened his doe eyes and looked around.

"Where are we? Brother, Did those bad people bring us here? Will they take me away from you?" He said while rubbing his teary eyes.  I put him down and hugged him tightly.

"No, they will never find us now, no one will bother us now." I tried to assure him.
I looked towards Jiang Fengmian.
" I don't want to go back.  I will do anything to make Xing's life better. "

He looked at the other men and they silently walked out of the room then he towards that table & picked up the cloth. An antique was placed there. Which was quite old and unique.

She opened It's the lid and chanted something

She opened It's the lid and chanted something.  He let out a needle from inside it pricked into his finger and poured a few drops of blood inside that object.
What is he doing??

" I, Jiang Fengmian accept Xiao Zhan as my ३rd son and Xiao Xing as my ४th Son. " He announced and My eyes were wide open when I saw purple smoke coming out of it. My younger brother came behind me and hid in fear.
I looked at him with questioning eyes when he moved the needle towards me.
"Touch the needle in your finger and drop a few drops into it." He ordered.
I did the same. And he asked Xing to do the same. Xing looked at me and I told him to do so.
I felt an intense pain in my body and a tingling sensation on my wrist. But Xing was calm, he wasn't feeling any pain.

There was a tattoo that emerged on my wrist.
It was a red lotus symbol. Xing too had a tattoo in his hand but was purple.
Jiang Cheng held my hand and looked closely at the tattoo. He looked tensed.
" Father..???" He said panicking.
" Xiao Zhan, you both are real brothers??"
Jiang Fengmian asked me.

" We are stepbrothers. Our father is the same" I honestly replied.
" Can I know your mother's surname?"

" Wen Maybe I don't remember ?? Is there anything wrong? "

" No, don't worry. " He signaled Jiang Cheng
"Show them their room and let them rest. It's been a night. We will talk about the rest tomorrow morning. "

Jiang Cheng nodded and signaled us to follow him.

I was really tired. My whole body was hurting.

Jiang Cheng opened a huge door.
" Wow..."

I've never seen a room with so elegant furniture. It was simply elegant and mostly white, but these curtains were all purple and gold. The furniture is rustic and dark, sprinkled liberally with white cushions. बिट The bed was so big that 4 people could sleep there And it seemed very soft.

" Xing's room is next door" he pointed.

" Sir, can we sleep together? He can't sleep alone. Please " I requested.
" First, don't call me Sir, from now on I am your Brother or Dage okay? And if it makes you both comfortable, you can share one room. " He pointed at the large cupboard "On that cupboard there are few clothes. And that is the the Washroom. Everything is already arranged.
My room is at the end of the left corner of this floor. If you need anything just come to me okay? Now take a st and I'll show you around tomorrow. Well, it's already 3 Am so .. Today. Good night" He said with a soft smile and looked at Xing.
"Good night Xing " he ruffled his head and left the room.
Okay, this man can smile too. I think it's the first he smiled at me. Umm, maybe second.
Wait...Did he know that I would agree to his conditions? He prepared everything.
Xing was confused too but he was tired and so was me.
I couldn't think much about the future.
Both of us lay in bed. I held my brother close and didn't know when I fell asleep on that soft mattress.

 I held my brother close and didn't know when I fell asleep on that soft mattress