The Promise

Luz was emptying her old school locker with a big smile on her face. She was going to be attending Hexside full time. She couldn't help but smile more at the idea of being with her friends every day. Amity stared at her girlfriend happily, something about seeing Luz so happy made her happy. Though, she still doesn't understand why they had to wear hats. Luz said it was to hide their ears but Amity still couldn't understand it.

'Whatever makes her happy.' Amity kept saying in her head.

Luz felt like nothing could ruin this day.

"Well. Well. Well. What do we have here?"

Spoke to soon. Luz turned around and saw the main group that picks on her.

"Emily. Tracey. Heather." Luz said coldly.

"Look girls the freak is cleaning out her locker. Finally running away?" Emily said.

"Actually, I'm going to another school." Luz said.

"Then let's give you your going away present." Heather said.

Tracey grabbed Luz by the collar and slammed her against the locker. A group quickly surrounded them, cheering on the girls to 'beat up the freak'. Amity tried to intervein but Heather and Emily held her back. Tracey punched Luz in the stomach and then across the face. Luz fell to the ground and Tracey placed her foot on the back of Luz's neck. The crowd cheered as Tracey flips Luz on to her back and hits her hard in the nose. Luz felt blood come out of her nose as Amity looked on in horror, unable to do anything as long as these two idiots continued to hold her arms behind her back. Luz spit at Tracey which resulted in a kick as she was trying to get up.

"What is going on here?!"

Everyone moved out of the way as a teacher walked through the group. The teacher saw Luz on the ground bleeding and Amity being held. The teacher pointed at Heather, Tracey, and Emily.

"You three! Principal's office! Now! And the rest of you get to class!"

The three begrudgingly went to the Principal's while Amity ran over to help Luz up. Luz grabbed her bag and walked out with Amity.

"Are you okay?" Amity asked.

"I'm fine, nothing a healing spell can't fix. Not like it's the first time I've gotten a bloody nose."

"Luz, I promise I'll never let that happen again. As long as we're dating, no one will ever hurt you like that again."

"Amity, you don't have-"

"I know, I want to."