Silent Protection

⚠️ Trigger Warnings: Abuse, gore, death, suffering⚠️
Characters: Tolys Laurinaitis (Lithuania); Ivan Braginsky (Russia)
Word Count: 369 words

The blood red light of the setting sun reflected the sticky substance of the same color, coating the floor and beginning to pool from the cuts that marked the Baltic state's skin. Silence was a skill he had long since mastered, choking back sobs and cries of pain to keep the worry from the minds of his two brothers and allowing them that much more peace in their sleep.

Every time a weapon would make contact with his pale skin, silent tears would fall, accepting the punishment from any mess ups of the day. No complaints would make themselves heard as blood and bruises coated his skin. Darkness closed in on his vision, the man being light-headed from the pain and blood loss. Death was something he was quite akin to, knowing personally how often Russia would lose himself in his beatings, giving in to his sadistic urges.

Even through unconsciousness, Lithuania knew the violent strikes would continue. Over and over would metal meet skin to splatter blood across the floor and walls, creating a sick satisfaction in the Eurasian country. The way the red speckles lined the wall and stained his clothes made Russia's grin spread wider. The snap of a rib finally made him pause and look at his creation. Lithuanian's eyes were half lidded, blank with the stare of death that he'd adorned so many times before.

Yet, death was something fleeting for countries, swept away by the morning light. Aches and pains, however, remained. Lithuania knew this better than anyone, commonly waking up to a pain so excruciating he can do nothing more than writhe while waiting for some sort of relief. Though, he knows it rarely comes. Green eyes fluttered open, noticing that he was still on the floor. Blood dried around him, clinging to his skin.

He managed to push himself to his feet and stagger to his bedroom to get clothes so he could shower. The burning pain weighed down every step. All he wanted was the sweet release of death but he knew he couldn't leave his brother's to fend for themselves. He knew they wouldn't be able to take Russia's beatings. So, he stayed quiet and offered them his protection.