024

✵ ✵ ✵

Charli's POV

my sadness turned to anger on the way over to chase. i took as long as i could, avoiding all shortcuts. it took almost an hour. i was trying to make sure i don't murder him when i get there.

reading what astra said also made me upset, and i know she's heartbroken right now. it just fueled my anger.

i get to the hype house and slam the door closed on my way in. i stomp and head straight for chase in the living room. i don't know who else is here, but i hope they witness my tantrum, and know how angry i am. i will never forgive chase. ever.

"hey bab—" chase starts with a smile as if he didn't blackmail me into coming here.

"i hate you. nothing you say can change that," and i sit on the couch and cross my arms and legs.

"whatever," chase says, but clearly it bothered him.

we sit in silence for a few seconds when i say, "so? what are we doing? we just gonna sit here while astra cries at home and the world continues to wonder what's going on?"

"well i was hoping you wouldn't be this hostile," chase says.

"what, you thought i'd thank you for ruining astra and i's relationship?" i say.

"well i love you, and i could treat you better than she could. i know you love me too. you'll just have to get used to it," he says, and puts a hand on my leg.

i can feel my face getting red with anger. i will not play his game. i grab his hand and push it off of me as hard as i can.

"don't touch me! put your hand on me again and you won't have hands! and don't say you love me! it's not love, it's an obsession! it's weird!" i yell.

he looks hurt.

"and you know who loves me? astra! astra loves me! and i'm in love with her!" i yell, standing up.

avani and anthony walk in the room. both of their jaws are on the floor.

i point at them. "yeah you heard that! i'm in love with astra!" and then i start giggling.

like a child, i just start saying it over and over again.

"i love her, i love her, i love her!" i yell.

avani starts laughing with me and cheers. anthony has no idea what's going on. chase looks beyond angry. i can see the rage in his face.

"you're making a big mistake," he says.

"nope! i'm not! because i love her!" i say. "so replay that over and over in your head while i go get my girl back!"

and i start running out of the house and head home.

✵ ✵ ✵

e.j.'s notes:
you guys had to know this wasn't gonna last long.
also, this chapter is kind of short, but charli got right to the point. don't mess with her😹
anyways, i'm thinking like 5-6 more chapters!!