Birder's Boat

Narrator: [The stage opens up with Turtle and Butterfly sitting beside a tree at centerstage] Ah, another sunny day in Animalville. Once again, Butterfly and Turtle are chatting peacefully.

Turtle: So then I hid inside my shell and waited for the storm to pass. I wasn't sure if everything would be okay, but I kept my hope, and nothing bad happened.

Butterfly: Wow! It sounds like it was pretty dangerous.

Turtle: It was, that's why you should always take shelter when the rain gets too strong. [Birder enters downstage left to center stage]

Birder: [sighs] Hello Butterfly, hello Turtle.

Butterfly: Hi Birder. Is everything okay? Why the long face?

Birder: I'm just bored. My siblings are still grounded for going out in the night, and now I have no one to hangout with.

Turtle: I'm pretty sure that your mom was just worried about your siblings, this will help them learn to be more careful in the future. You can join us if you want.

Birder: Yeah, I guess you're right. So what were you doing?

Butterfly: Turtle was telling me about a time when there was a big storm.

Turtle: That's right. I was telling her that the weather was very sunny before the storm came, it looked a lot like today. So now I know that it's going to rain soon.

Birder: [Butterfly and Birder look up at the sky] Rain? But there's not a cloud in the sky.

Turtle: Trust me, I can see and smell it.

Butterfly: Well, you seem to know about this, so I trust you.

Birder: Huh, okay. So since it's going to rain, how about we make a boat? That could be fun! But... I don't know how to build a boat.

Turtle: That's a great idea Birder. You just need some materials for it.

Butterfly: That sounds like fun. Come on Birder, I'll help you build it, let's go back down to get what we need.

Narrator: [Butterfly and Birder walk to stage right and exit. Turtle walks upstage left and exits] Butterfly and Birder went to look for something they could use for the boat, and they ran across a friend on their way.

Fly: [Butterfly and Birder enters stage right to center stage and Fly enters left to center stage and gives a peace sign] Yo Butterfly! What's up?

Spider: [Snake and Spider enter downstage left to downstage stage left] Hey Snake, look! It's that butterfly again.

Snake: Ah, let's see what they're doing, come here Ssspider. [Snake and Spider hide behind a bush]

Butterfly: Oh hey Fly, we're going to build a boat. What are you doing here?

Fly: Oh, you know, just out here chillin! [Fly puts a hat backwards] Wait, why are you building a boat?

Birder: Well, Turtle said that it's going to rain.

Fly: Rain? [Fly looks up at the sky] But there's not a cloud in the sky.

Birder: Turtle said that she can smell it, but we're also doing it because it will be fun! Do you want to help us?

Fly: Totally, boats are super cool! [Fly, Butterfly, and Birder walks to downstage right and exits]

Snake: [Snake and Spider get out of the bush and walk to center stage] A boat? They're building a boat jussst because Turtle said that it's going to rain?

Spider: [Spider looks up to the sky] There really isn't a cloud in the sky... But building a boat sounds like fun.

Snake: Nonsenssse! That butterfly thinks she can just go around here doing anything like she owns the place. Let's make sure they don't finish that boat. [Snake and Spider walks to left stage and exits]