SIX. the rock theif

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Upon reaching her locker at the start of lunch, Flora didn't expect to be greeted by her blonde bandmate who, as usual, looked a bit anxious. Nonetheless, Flora sent a smile to Alex Mercer, who was leaning against the locker next to hers.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Flora asked. She opened her locker in an attempt to shield her face from the students walking past, so they wouldn't think she was a madwoman that talked to herself.

"I need to ask you an important question," Alex began as he stood upright. "Does this shirt make me look fat?"

The brunette grew perplexed as she took a look at Alex's shirt — a pastel pink shirt with a grey ripped denim jacket — and then back at him.

"No. Why are you so stressed about your shirt?"

"Can't a guy be stressed about his shirt? Jeez, Flora," Alex replied. However, Flora could tell there was more to what Alex was saying, especially considering he was blushing now.

Flora narrowed her eyes at him before they dilated in realization. "Who is he?"

"Who is who?"

"The guy you're obviously trying to impress." Flora rolled her eyes at him. "And don't play coy."

Alex sighed before answering, "Willie."

"Aw! Your first ghost boyfriend. I'm gonna need to think of a ship name."

"He's not my boyfriend." Alex tried to shrug off the idea, but Flora could see the smile her friend was bitting back.

"Not yet." Flora smirked. "But if he hurts you, he's a dead man. Well, a deader man. Where are you guys going anyway?"

"I don't know. He hasn't told me."

"Well, I'm happy for you. Just don't let him distract you from the band."

"Aye, aye, captain."

Alex bowed before Flora as he disappeared. Flora lightly shook her head and opened her bag, remembering the reason why she came to her locker. However, before she could put any books in her locker, a piece of paper was shoved into her hands. Flora furrowed her brown brows when she looked down at the paper. It was a flyer that read Julie, Flora, and Their Hologram Band. Tonight At the Dance. She looked up at the owner of the flyer, which was Tate.

"Where did you get this?" Flora inquired.

"It's all over social media. I printed it," Tate explained. Weirdly, she looked a bit mad. "Since when were you and Julie friends again?"