NINE. second chances

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It was weird not rehearsing with the band the morning before school. Flora had gotten used to their early morning practices and started enjoying them a lot. Well, not anymore now that both she and Julie made it very clear that they were done with the band. On the plus side, no one had yet to make comments toward Flora about last night's dance.

Flora hadn't seen Julie at all this morning at school. She would've assumed Julie left Flynn's house after their sleepover and gone to her own as Flora did, but the girl hadn't shown up yet. It wasn't like Julie and Flora knew that the girl wouldn't purposely ditch, especially when they had a test in the morning. It was only the fourth period of the day and Flora was in her dance class, one she shared with Julie and Flynn. Both she and Flynn stood by each other, growing worried about Julie's whereabouts. While their dance teacher instructed them to stretch, Flora stepped to Flynn's side with her arm pulled across her chest.

"Where is she?" Flora asked.

"Well, she did say she didn't want to show her face in school again," Flynn said as she mimicked Flora's movements.

"You didn't wake her?" Flora questioned in disbelief because both girls knew Julie was a deep sleeper. "Dude, she didn't mean that literally."

"Oh, my bad," Flynn uttered as Flora's face fell. "What? I'm a very literal person."

Flora sighed and stood back in her given space as the music began. Their dance teacher counted the class down and they all began doing the choreography they'd been learning. At that moment, the doors to the gym opened, and in entered the person Flora was so worried about. The dance teacher instructed Julie to take a spot and she made her way over to where Flynn and Flora stood. She stood on the other side of Flynn, while both Flora and Flynn smiled at her.

"So, why didn't you two wake me up?" Julie asked her friends. "I missed my first three classes."

"Flynn, why don't you take the lead on this," Flora uttered. Flynn lightly shook her head at Flora and faced Julie.

"You said you were never gonna show your face at school again," Flynn reasoned. "And I'm a very literal person."

"Yeah, maybe too literal."

"It's okay," Julie assured them. "It's those stupid ghosts that I'm really upset at. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead."

"Oh, don't worry. I'm gonna find a way how," Flora insisted. "But on the plus side, no one's mentioned last night's epic fail so far."

"Oh, great. That's one thing I don't have to worry about anymore."

"Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it," Flynn said.