Chapter 1 - The Decision

Sitting in the office, the old CEO, called her family secretary through line 1 to ask about her grand daughter. After 3 knocks  a man came in, wearing a black business suit, round eyeglasses and graying h air, he bowed made his way to stand infront of the madam and hand her a folder of papers to sign for her recent business expansion. "Secretary Park, Where is she? Did she go to the monthly gathering I recommended?" Looking up after scanning the papers.

"Manim Seo wa, she is currently reviewing the annual input and output of the company and i'm afraid she is now grilling some of the accountant about the wasted resources and with all due respect we all now how difficult  agasshi can be and it is not a pretty sight."

Seo wa shifted in her seat. Folding her left leg over her right. Rasing an eyebrow while pressing her lips in a thin line she repeated her second question. " And the gathering, did she made an appearance?" "Well, according to her she doesn't need to migle with the business partners because she might create a factions between board members with her personal perspective.

Seo wa sighed. Removing her eyeglasses and pinching the bridge of her nose, anticipating the headache that is about to come. Thinking back ever since Minji was introduced to the world of corporation her cold demeanor has worsened. She doesn't give two craps with associating with the people around her even the staff under her. Actually, only few can put up with her behavior. Seo wa as her only living blood relative, Secretary Park who have taught her every nook and corner of the Hwang Conglomerate, In Ha the daughter of one of the board member and close family friend. Lastly Woo young the adopted son of Seo wa.

"Secretary Park, what do you think can we do to revert or just even to make her feel something towards others? It has been bothering me that she is no doubt leading a life of seclusion. He cleared his throat and directed his gaze to Seo wa while creasing the his forward, a clear indication that it was not a good idea to intervene considering Minji's attitude. He as about to open his mouth when a young staff barged into the room with horrified expression. " Minji's car was egged in the parking lot and a lot of people and reporters are outside creating a chaos. 

The Old CEO stood up abruptly making the office chair hit the wall. "Secretary Park, settle the problem and contact the media to halt the release of pictures and videos. I will call Minji and meet her at home. Taegong ssi tell the driver prepare the car I will leave immediately."  

After 30 minutes of travel and a black Hyudai Equus VS460 parked in front of a Modern zen and italian house. Seo wa exited the car and went inside. Knowing already that Minji is inside because of the smell of freshly brewed korean tea can be smelled inside the house.  Seo wa inhaled deeply and smiled remembering that it's Minji's habit whenever she is stressed and in deep thinking.

"Minji ssi, dangsin-i isseneun gos? (Minji, where are you?)

"nan yeogi eiss-eo, halmuhni" (i'm in here grandmother)

Seo wa made its way to the room in the left, the considered office and library of Minji.Upon entering she saw Minji in a crouching position while sifting through stacks of paper.Only lifting her head, standing up and bowing to her grandmother while greeting her."What happened in the office earlier?"  Seo wa asked. Minji fixed her crinkled button up blouse before answering her grandmother. " A simple business mishap, halmuhni. Nothing to worry about" she answered. "And an egging incident  is not your simple daily occurence either." Seo wa rebuttaled. " Look halmuhni, it is not my fault that they have tofu for a brain. A simple trouble shooting and they managed to multiply the loss exponentially, I mean they have indeed a talent in making a business go bankrupt and besides your value is determined by the capabilities and contibution to Hwang Empire and trashes like them needs to be disposed of. " Minji claimed without an ounce of reget  in her voice.

Seo wa was both disappointed and surprised. Who wouold have thought her sweet and intelligent Minji can turn into such a blunt and cold witch as calimed by her colleagues. Taking into account that for the past 15 months, Minji has received countless threats and complaints from both inside and outside her work place. Seo wa knows she needed to take action to save her from threats and herself.  She will move her to a place where human interaction is inevitable but should be far and nobody should recognize her, school abroad.

A/N: Hey book bugs, I know it's not the best book out there but if you are reading my book I am more than willing to entertain your questions  and I am open to criticism and will appreciate it. So, I know some of you are not familiar with korean honorifics, please refer to the reference below  for clarification. Thanks!!!

ssi - usually place in the last name of a person to show respect.

chaebol - korean term for rich korean people living in korea.

manim - is equivalent to madam.

halmuhni - is grandmother.