Chapter 22 - Cornered

Lewis' POV

I am completely and utterly speechless right now. I know that Minji is from a family that engages in the business world but being an heiress of a conglomerate is completely different. Standing in the kitchen lost in my thought, I felt somebody standing behind me. I turned slowly and saw Minji, she tried to speak but I beat her to it. "So, you live in glitter and gold, why didn't you tell me?

"It's not really of a big deal Lewis. I may one day takeover my grandma but as of now i'm an employee in her company as well. Besides, people are already intimidated with me and telling them my background will scare them more." She explained to me.

"Lewis, I understand  if you are pissed or mad at me. But before you throw the dagger at me, please ask questions first so we won't hold regret if we ever go our seperate ways." I shoot my head up at her and scrunched my eyebrows.

"What? No, what do you mean seperate ways?" I trudged my way to her, held her elbow and draw her closer to me. "Babe, you not telling me that you are rich is not enough to split us apart, i'm not that immature to let this get in between us and i'm ridiculously inlove you." I touched her cheek with my thumb and kissed her forehead.

We embraced each other for a while then she pushed me a little. She place her hands on both sides of my face, observing my features closely. She traced her finger under my eyes and scowl a little. "I hate it when you look miserable, you look so stressed. Let me help you please, I want to burn who ever gave you bags under your eyes."

We are sitting in the living room and my parents laid everthing out  to Minji regarding the problem. She listened to them attentively, examined the papers and advised them with the steps we need to take.  

Suddenly, In-ah entered the room with Woo young tailing behind her. He was holding a folder, "Hello Mr and Mrs. Scotte, I'm Lee Woo young. Minji contacted me and I am pleased to inform you that we will take counter actions.

After 3 days, Minji instructed us to meet her in a hotel. In all honesty I have no idea on how they will help us or what their plan is. We stopped in front of a big hotel in koreatown, Hwang - geum Bomul. 

As we enter the hotel, korean staff bowed and greeted us, it was awkward and new to me. We were ushered in to a conference room, long round table surrounded by chairs. In one of the seats, Woo young is smiling at us. He gestured us to room and we sat beside him.

Moments later the door opended, Adolf Green entered the room. Confused of what is happening I turned to Woo young but he is calm as the ocean. He stood up and greeted Adolf.

"Mr. Adolf Green, it's a pleasure having you here and we thank you for responding to our request in such a short notice." 

Adolf took Woo young's hand for a shake, I don't know if he's too busy polishing his image or he didn't notice dad in the room but we are keeping our cool and hope it's part of the plan.

"Mr. Lee, I could not let a rare opportunity pass of meeting with you especially when you mentioned that  you have investment plans with our bank." I gave him a menacing glare, this man knows how to handle his crap.

"Yes, of course. As you all know Shinhan Group is planning to invest it's monthly income in a trustworthy bank in LA before branching out, we have reviewed everything about your bank inside and out. We are satisfied with what we saw, our chairman will be with you to talk terms. Just on cue, the door opened and in came Minji in her business attire. Her presence in the room changed the atmosphere.

"Good day Mr. Green, i'm Hwang Minji, Chairman of Shinhan group. I know you must be surprised to see a young woman as the owner. My father raised this business as his own child together with my mother but since they are not able anymore, I took over." She spoke fluently and elegantly but I was curious about her parents.

They talked for an hour until it's time to review the banking terms. He hand Minji the folder but instead of scanning the papers she turned to dad. This caused Adolf to lift an eyebrow at us, finally realizing that we are in the room.

"Is there something wrong? And why is William Scotte here?" He almost spat the last part.

"Surely you wouldn't thought that I will sign anything without consulting somebody. Mr. Scotte here knows someone who is dear to me, we are talking about billions of dollars here so I asked him personally as my banking investment consultant." I internally jump in joy, I am understanding her game plan now she's going to corner him.

Dad reviewed the documents, after a while he whispered something to Minji. She stood up, "Mr. Green, If I were just another Chairman I can say that the proposals are flawless and seems beneficial on my part but it seems old habit die hard. You see once we did some background check on you, a lot of things pops up, very bad things."

By this time Mr. Green is shocked, he defended himself and tried to turn it so dad will be in the tight spot but Minji played mind games and manipulated him. He tried to dodge the accusations but when In-ha join the meeting with evidence in hand he paled and shrunk.

"Since we know everything, why don't you cut the craps, I know what you did Adolf and I want you to do 3 things for me." Minji closed the distance between them and focused on him. Adolf is cowering now and Minji seems to be the bigger man in room now, i'm impressed.

"One, apologize to William and undo the things you did against him. Two, resign from your work. And three, do not show your face to any of us here or I will destroy you and everybody that stands behind you." Adolf nodded his head rapidly and excused himself. Everbody in the room laughed and felt relieved. Yes, Minji can be intimidating but hell it was turning me on.

Everyone exited the room but before Minji can leave I pulled her back in, she was surprised but even more when I kissed her in her lips. "Thank you for doing this for me and you made me fall inlove with you all over again." I smiled at her lovingly.

"That is not what I intended to do but i'm glad it turned out that way." She touched my face and gave me a smile. "Much better, your healthy glow is back." She kissed my cheek and we left the room hand in hand.  Even if she got tired and try to leave me, she's not gonna get rid of me that easily, not when I'm deeply attached to her now.

A/N:

Book bugs, sorry it took me a while to update, been busy lately. Anyway the story is nearing it's end and please check my other book called Conqueror of the north, it's a werewolf story. Thanks for reading and plase comment, vote or share. Lots of love!