Chapter 23 - "Seon"(arranged marriage)

Minji's POV

In-ah and I are currently sitting in the living and staring at the thick envelope sent to us from our family. We pretty much sure what the contents are, candidates for a "seon". Both of us are nervous but In-ha is the one who is rattling, me on the other is is just really good in handling my nerves.

"Minji, I don't want this, do something." She whined while rubbing her hands on her face.

"In-ah, I don't want this either, remember the last time Halmuhni did this I almost move out of the house. She's just really into to thinking that I will end up alone, she even tried arranging Woo young to be my fiance."I shuddered in he thought of Oppa as my husband, i'm not into incest.

"As of the moment we need to open this and if we got the chance we'll talk to them and confess to Lewis and Thomas, okay?" I tried to convince her.

We opened the envelope, skimming through it, In-ah got 7 resume of husband candidates and I got 16. Almost twice as many as her, I guess bearing the Hwang as a last name is appealing. We spent almost three hours reviewing everything and chose some of the candidates. We are obliged to report back to our parents to inform them with our choices.

We reported as expected and was about to clean everything when Lewis and Thomas visited us. It's a good thing that ajuhmeoni informed us and we quicky gathered the papers. Thomas got in first and placed his arm around In-ah, she gave him a small nervous smile. Lewis then followed, he sat beside me, he wrapped his arm around my waist before kissing.

"Hey baby, what have you been up to? I've been calling you but you didn't answer?" Maybe because we're occupied with the seon thing, I thought internally. "Sorry, I left my phone upstairs, busy with business proposals.

"Hey guys, Aunt Gracey and Uncle Will wanted to invite you for a dinner tonight, to celebrate and thank you for what you did." Thomas said while he is glued to In-ah with their hand interlaced together.

"Yeah sure Thomas, that would be great. We will be there by 7, is that okay?" In-ha asked.

"We were hoping to pick you up guys, it's almost 6:45 anyway." Thomas insisted.

"Uh... yes sure, Minji a minute please. Guys excuse us for a moment." In-ah urged me to follow her.

Walking briskly, she stopped and faced me. "Minji, I can't do this..."

I squinted my eyes at her and asked, " do what? Lie to them about the seon? If you don't want to stir problems In-ha, you better shut it. I'll handle things with halmuhni and your parents. I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. We went outside to meet the guys. Before I left, I instructed ajumeoni to keep the documents safe and left our house.

Walking to Lewis' house, my mind was somewhere. I was pulled out from it when Lewis rubbed my shoulder. "Babe, are you good? You're freezing, your hands are cold."

Seeing Lewis care so much about me, the love he is giving me made my stomach twist in a knot. How can I lie to this guy? He needs to know, he has the right to know. I noticed In-ah giving Thomas a forced smile too, perhaps she isn't liking the idea of lying to her boyfriend. I better settle this before things get worse.

We arrive and met his parents. Will and Gracey greeted us. We sat in the dining table, we gave grace and ate.

"Minji, how long have you been working in your family's business? If you don't mind telleng us."

"Sure, I have been active since I was 15 but I was learning when I was just 10 years old."

Gracey was attentive in taking in all the information I have given her.

"You were so young then, How about your parents, where are they now?"

I saw In-ah slightly stiffened upon the mention of my parents, who could blame her. I am what I am today because of what happened in the past. Before I can say anything In-ah spoke.

"I have also been pulled to the messy world of business. My mother is really the one who is pushing me though, but I don't regret anything. I met Minji and came to be friends with her."

Gracey momentarily engulfed in In-has's revelation seemed to forget her inquiry about my parents, which I am thankful of. We finished dinner a little after 8. The guys asked us to stay to talk. Sitting in the sofa with Lewis beside me he cleared his throat.

"So... you never mentioned that my girlfriend is a freakin heiress. "

"Are you angry? Look i'm sorry if you had to know that way but I don't see the significance in our relationship that involves my family status." I explained to him.

I thought he's gonna blow but he did the least unexpected, he leaned forward and whispered something in my ear, "You were so sexy talking business to my parents, besides it's your right whether to tell me or not. Heiress or not I would still run after you."

He adjusted his head and kissed me longingly. "I haven't kissed you like this, what did you do to me? I can't seem to function without you, you're like my gasoline." What he said is true like him, he is like that to me too. I kissed him back, I held his neck and deepened the kiss. He was surprised at first but responded after. We broke the kiss and bumped our head together, savouring the moment. My heart is beating so had that I can't hear anything.

"I love you, please don't disappear on me."

His words struck me, there are only few guys who are honest with their feelings and it takes a lot of courage and sincerity to voice it out.

Before I can respond, In-ah came into the room with Thomas tailing her.

"Minji, I just talked to Appa, Halmuhni is visiting us here."

I stood up, eyes wide. I didn't anticipate this, how can I not know. all these love hormones in me is making me soft and dull.

"when is she coming?"

"On Wednesday"

So I still have two days to figure things out, how to introduce Lewis and about the seon.

I need to pull my shit together.

A/N

Hey guys, I know its been I while since I lat uploaded. I apologise, it's been busy at uni, and I just got settled in my new home. The Heiress of the century n nearing its end so I thanked everyoe who took the time reading it. Check out my other stories. I would like to hear your feedbacks. See yah next chapter...