Chapter 14 - Let it be right

Photo of In-ha sulking in gazebo, very cute just like a kid <3

In-ha's POV

I have texted Thomas over the weekend and he replied nothing but short responses like "yes, of course", "yup" and I asked him what would be great as a cover for my project he answered me "whatever makes your boat float". I know something is wrong because Tommy is attentive and particular with things and him aswering like an android is not normal. He's been at it for days now, I was getting more suspicious that he is always at his phone either texting or talking to someone, I don't want to seem like a crazed stalker so I let it go.

Meeting Lewis in the hallway, I cornered him. It was safer to asked him since his the cousin and bestfriend. "Morning Lewis, got some time? Need to ask you something."

"Yeah sure In-ha, what's up?" He said glancing at me after closing his locker.

"Do you know if something is up with Tommy? He's acting strange lately and he seems out of it this days?" I asked him seriously.

He looked up and thought for a while before answering me. "Now that you mentioned it he is kinda worried and depressed. Don't worry i'm sure he is gonna snap out of it, if not i'll do something about it. He is not the type to be troubled without reasons."

"Okay, hey tell me if you happen to know something. Thomas is my friend too, If i'm able to help then I would." I said to him before leaving together to our class. He grinned at me as if telling me " I know what you're doing" but just glared at him.

I might act as a worried girlfriend for his not so feeling well boyfriend but can you blame me? Thomas is a great guy, he somehow knows how to make a girl feel special which brought me to thinking and a tug to my heart if this is how Thomas treated his past girlfriends. I took a deep breath and focused on something else.

When I entered the room I saw Minji in deep thought, fully absorbed on what she is reading. I occupied the seat beside her, gaining attention from her. "What's wrong?" she inquired.

"How do you know if something is wrong with me?"  I turned to her.

"Most of the time you would be jumping like a dog on drugs while entering the room, now I can see visible worry lines plastered all over your face and besides where is your happy face?" she spoke still into her documents.

"Minji what do you think of Thomas?" Hearing the seriousness in my voice, she placed what she's reading on her table and looked at me.

"A good guy with conviction, honest and he knows what he wants in life. Why? Is he trying to ask you to invest to him in a business? If he is then he has about 56% of success rate, ofcourse depending on the type of field he is choosing and the helping hand he will receive. With the Choi influence we can further increase hi....."

"Yes, Thank you I get it he is a trust worthy guy." I interrupted her, god this woman needs more human interaction. She sounds like one of those simulation voice you hear in your phone or in games,  always stating facts.

As if sensing that it's not really what I want to hear, she touched my shoulder. " I am also aware that he pays much attention towards you more than a friend would give."

"Really, I do too." I took a deep breath. "Minji can I tell you something? Not between the heiresses of Hwang and Choi but as Minji and In-ha, as friends." She nodded her head, suprising me.

"Spending time with him and the signals he is giving me leads me to believe that he likes me and that makes me giddy and happy. I think I like him too a lot not as friend but a man. The problem is he's been missing lately, I tried calling him but he seldom answers his phone." I confessed to her. Minji is really listenig to me and even responded.

"In my opinion the best option is for to talk to him personally. This would clear things up between you and this will give you an opportunity to read him whether what you claim of him being interested in you is true or not." I smiled at her, Minji may not be the warmest person to be with but I enjoy her rationality in every aspect of her life. I hugged her tight and held her for a moment. " Jeongmal gamsahabnida".(Thank you so much)

Taking into consideration what Minji told me, I am determined to have a word with Thomas today. So after class, I immediately went to the parking lot. Scanning the faces in the area, I saw Thomas walking towards the back of the school. Perfect!

I followed him, I am about to call out to him when I heard talking. "It's been six months Thomas, I know there are things that needed to be clarified between us but God I miss you. I know what I did was way out of line but I am still inlove with you, please take me back, please." 

Hearing the words " I love you" and  "please take me back"  sent my heart crashing. I felt like I was burning inside my heart. I took enough courage to catch a glimpse of what is happening and to see who the woman is. Bracing myself, I took a step. What I saw next made all the air in my lungs  sucked out. Thomas kissing the girl and made no attempt to move, I guess the feeling is mutual. I dragged my feet to the car, I saw Lewis talking to Minji. Seeing the look in my face, Minji automatically grabbed my hand into the car. She told Lewis that we will see him tomorrow, he smiled in understanding and waved at us.

Sitting in the gazebo near the pool in the backyard, I rested my head on the table, I was lost in my thought. I felt stupid, all along i've been mistaking his actions of friendship into something more.  "Choi In-ha, how can you misread him. Am I too engrossed with my own feelings that I was blinded?" I said angry with myself. The door opened and Minji placed something near my head, a Pocari sweat drink with a sticky note attached to it.

If your gonna cry until your eyes popped out better hydrate yourself after. You are of no use to me if you die, so drink up.

I smiled, she really knows how to be sweet in a weirdest way. Definitely a friend worth dying for.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update. Anyways who is the mysterious girl Thomas is with?Yes Minji can be sweet like that and I like her. Please guys comment, vote and share my story. And to those who included my book to their reading list, I thank you so much. As an appreciation I will update as much as I can. Sarang haeyo!