Chapter 9 - Loosening up

Minji's POV

It's been three weeks since we moved here in LA. In-ha is fitting in perfectly, going to Thomas' house to hang out and was frequently invited to parties but never went. Ofcourse she wouldn't, I'm constantly refreshing her memory of the reason why we are here but it's not stopping her from trying. Besides, the korean press are getting antsy as to where the heiresses of Choi and Hwang have gone to and getting caught in a mess is not good.

"Minji, remember our friend Amy. The girl with sweet smile and cute laugh, Paul's girlfriend."

"She's your friend not mine, we were just sharing table with them during lunch which reminds me, it's about time we find our own and yes, I remember her. Why?" she's  looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Morgan, is having a party and she invited me."

"Give me your phone." she handed me her my phone, I started fiddling with it.

"What are you doing?"

"Deleting my number. It's a party held by teenagers with a lot of alcohol if you get drunk and ended up doing stupid things, it's better that you don't have my number."

"What? Don't be ridiculous, i'm not gonna drink. If my Omma (mother) finds out that I got drunk, she will disown me. I'll be ruined, god knows what Bona will say about it."  I said cringing my face.

She sat in front of me, placed her hand on the table getting my attention. "We're just gonna show up there and observe. I don't wanna be an outcast Minji besides Halmuhni called, she said to make you go with me if there's an opportunity."

"She called you? Why would she call you and not me, i'm her granddaughter and you.... your just a family friend."

"She's avoiding you, we all know that your just gonna talk about Hwang empire and convince her to take youback to Seoul. She's your grandma and you're treating her like a boss. Have a life Minji, you know that is what she wanted."

Halmuhni is proud of me and i'm always making her happy but I feel that's not enough. She's always looking at me, expecting something. Is this what she expects me to do while away from home? To loosen up a bit and have a life not just doing paper works. I will do anything for her. Maybe I should reconsider and tag along with her from now on as long as we don't go overboard. Also Imo (auntie) has been emailing me on how In-ha can be spontaneous sometimes and asked me to keep an eye on her. More like reckless and irresponsible but i'm not gonna say that to her. I like her she's a woman with disposition.

In school, after our Economics Subject we went to eat lunch. Getting in line and our food, Amy waved at us where Paul sat beside her with his arm on her waist. Morgan, Thomas and Lewis is also there. The only available seat is in between Thomas and Lewis, In-ha rushed near Thomas leaving me no choice but to sit close to Lewis.

"Hey girls, is that all your having for lunch? Slices of fruits and water." Amy pointed out.

"No, ajummeonhi made us packed lunch. It's tradition in Korea to bring food during lunch, we brought kimbap (korean style sushi roll) and Galbi (beef short ribs)."

"Wow, can I try some of it?" Thomas inquired, In-ha nodded, and picked a kimbap the rest followed suit.

"This is really something, I have never tried something like this before it's like a food to go but so much delicious."

We started eating our food, I picked up my chopsticks and started digging on my food when I felt eyes on me, sure enough Lewis is staring at me with amused eyes. I ignored him thinking that maybe it's his first time seeing someone eating with chopsticks. He leaned forwardand nudged me.