03

Part 3
"Nate I love you...don't blame yourself"

don't blame yourself"

A motel: Jericho

Once they were back within town limits, the three go to the first motel the find. Nathan waited outside, lighting a cigarette, putting it in between in plump lips. Nathan only ever smoked when he was stressed and he knew if he was going to be hunting more, then he's gonna be all kinds of stressed.

A few minutes later, Sam and Dean came hurrying from the office, Nathan was quick to following - Matching their long strides. "Guys?"

"Dad was here," Sam said.

"Whoa- Seriously?" He nodded. "When?"

"Dunno, but he brought out a room for a whole month - room ten." Sam explained, to a still confused Nathan.

The boys travel to their Dad's room, hoping he'll be there. The motel door swung open with Nathan on the other side, having just picked the lock. He hides the picks in his pocket and ventures in. Dean was just outside, playing lookout, until Sam reaches out the room to grab his shoulder and yanked him inside. Same closed the door behind them.

There's a wall filled with maps, newspaper clippings, pictures and notes. There are books on the desk and assorted junk on the floor and bed, including something with a hazardous-materials symbol.

"Whoa." Sam said. Nathan turned on a light by the bed while Dean picked up a half-eaten hamburger that was sitting there. Sam stepped over a line of salt on the floor.

Dean sniffed the burger and recoils. "I don't think he's been here for a couple days at least." Sam finger the salt on the floor and looks up.

"Salt, Cats-eye shells...he was worried. Trying to keep something from coming in." Nate and Dean were looking at the papers covering one of the walls. "What have you got there?"

"Centennial Highway victims." Sam nods at Nathan.

The victims seen on the wall included Mark, William Durrell and Scott Nifong who disappeared in 1987 at age 25, and somebody Parks. Mark, William and Scott were all white males, judging by the photos of them.

"I don't get it. I mean, different men, different jobs," Nathan crossed the room, searching for more information. "Ages, ethnicities. There's always a connection, right? What do these guys have in common?" Dean asked, rhetorically not expecting an answer.

"Dad figured it out." Nathan stated, he was looking at some of the papers on the wall, some saying about 'Devil + Demons', or 'Sirens, witches, the possessed' but one particular one caught Nathans eye. A note that said 'Woman in white' above a printout of the Jericho Herald article on Constance's suicide. Nate turned on another light closer to him.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, turning around.

"He found the same article we did. Constance Welch. She's a woman in white." Sam replied, reading over Nathans shoulder. Dean looked at the photos of Constance's victims.