07

Part 1: Phantom Traveler
"It's not something you just forget..."

Motel room

This time the three hunters decided to all share a room, which lead to Nathan, Sapphire and Destiny sharing a bed. Sam had said he'd take the sofa bed.

Dean was asleep on the bed across from them on his stomach. While Nathan was laying on his back with Sapphire laying across his chest, Destiny laid in a starfish with her foot in his face - drool dribbling down their chins, hair sprawled all around them.

As the door opens, Dean and Nathan awake and slipping a hand under their pillows for their guns, a habit they both picked up when they were just children. As they turned to look, they saw Sam entering with coffee and breakfast for them all.

"Morning, sunshines'" Sam says in a awfully cheery voice for nearly 6 in the morning.

"What time is it?" Dean grumbles, not very happy with being woken up.

Sam looked at his watch before answering. "Uh, it's about five forty-five."

"In the morning?" Nathan asks, his brother was worse than his girls. They'd normally be awake by six thirty, which drained him a lot.

"Yep." Sam replied popping the 'P'.

Dean asks, sarcastically. "Where does the day go?"

Nathan moved the girls so he could sit up without waking them. They still wasn't over Nathan laying on the docks motionless, giving them nightmares that he was going to leave them alone. "Did you sleep at all last night?" He asks Sam.

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours."

"Liar." Dean says, calling out his bullshit. "Cause I was up at three, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial."

Sam tried finding an excuse, which clearly wasn't working. His brothers weren't stupid "Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV."

"When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?" Nathan asks, actually concerned for his little brother. He may not show it but family means the world to him. He'd do anything for the little shits.

"I don't know, a little while, I guess." He dismisses the concern gaze of Nathan's "It's not a big deal."

"Yeah, it is." Deans states, hardening his tone.

"Look, I appreciate your concern-"

Dean cut Sam off, acting as if he didn't care about it. "Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp." Sam shrugged in response, while Nathan rolled his eyes at Deans answer. "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

"Of course he is Dean," Nathan states, shuffling through his clothes. "He saw his girlfriend die. It's not something you just forget or stop seeing on repeat over and over." He spoke more from experience than anything, his voice became distant towards the end. Shaking his head to get rid of the thoughts.

"Yeah." Sam agreed with Nathan. "But it's not just her. It's everything. I just forgot, you know? This job. Man, it gets to you."

"You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that." Dean insisted. Nathan understood why he thought like that, it could get you killed but they were only human and they think like one to so they can't help it.