08

Part 2: Phantom Traveler
"Daddy's name is Nathaniel John!"

Sam and Dean's Motel room

Nathan had gone outside for a cigarette, getting stressed from all the research and his brothers didn't want him smoking in the room which he normally did. The girls were in front of him running around the cars playing tag.

When Nathan finally came back in, he saw that Sam and Dean were in full research mode, with images and articles taped to the walls and strewn across the beds, and Sam is looking at something on the computer. Dean is reading something on one bed while sitting on the other. He sat down at the table picking up some papers that was resting there, reading over them.

"So, every religion in every world culture has the concept of demons and demonic possession, right?" Sam asks "I mean Christian, Native American, Hindu, you name it."

"Yeah, but none of them describe anything like this." Dean answers.

"Well, that's not exactly true. You see according to Japanese beliefs, certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and man-made." Sam lists. "One causes earthquakes, another causes disease."

"And this one causes plane crashes?" Nathan asks him.

"All right, so, what? We have a demon that's evolved with the times and found a way to ratchet up the body count?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam answers, "You know, who knows how many planes it's brought down before this one?" Dean scoffs and scratches the back of his head walking away from the other two who were sitting around the laptop.

"What?" Nathan asks, eyebrow raised at him.

"I don't know, man. This isn't our normal gig. I mean, demons, they don't want anything, just death and destruction for its own sake. This is big. And I wish Dad was here." Dean tells them, concerned about it all.

"Yeah. Me too." Sam hums in agreement.

Nathan couldn't help but disagree, he'd been doing this stuff on his own for a few years now. Yeah then and again he had help, mainly from Bobby, who was the father figure in his life after he left, cutting all connection with the hunting world. He may worship his father like Dean did but he thought he'd just cause more problems.

Dean's phone starts ringing causing everyone to turn and look at it. He answers it.

"Hello?...Oh, hey, Jerry...Wha-Jerry, I'm sorry. What happened?...Where'd this happen?...I'll try to ignore the irony in that...Nothing. Jerry, hang in there, all right? We'll catch up with you soon." Dean hung up the phone, turning back to face his brothers.

Nathan had his head tilt trying to figure out what they were speaking about. "Another crash?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

------------------------

Airport

Sam and Nathan had gone to the airport, after stopping by at Jerry's office and dropping Dean back at the motel. They didn't know whether they'd have to get on the plane or not and Nate being the only one to know about his fear, told him an excuse which was that he needed someone to look after the girls: though Dean looked more terrified about being with the small 'devils' as he so kindly called them.

They rushed into the airport and checked the Departure board for Amanda's plane.

"Right there." Sam informs. "They're boarding in thirty minutes."

"Okay." Nathan stop for a moment, "We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone." He rushes off to the left, Sam following behind.

Nate picks up the courtesy phone and calls Gate 13, flight 242 looking for Amanda.