epilogue part 2

EPILOGUE

Part Two

Amy's eyes fluttered open to an empty bed, which was not something she was used to. She was used to waking up in Aaron's tight hold and to morning kisses. And that's when last night's events flashed in her brain.

Sighing, she got up and went to the bathroom for a warm shower. Continuing her morning routine, she changed into a yellow summer dress and paired it with black sandals.

When she went out into the living room, she found Aaron sleeping on the couch. His head was dangling down and his legs were resting up on the back of the couch. Literally.

Normally, this would have made her smile, and even laugh, but not today. Her sour mood swings were something she didn't get the hang of. She was feeling frustrated. And nauseous. And tired. Heck. Her muscles were aching. Why? She had no idea.

But the feeling of betrayal topped them all. She felt it in her heart. In her bones. It was occupying her senses. She couldn't think of anything else except the fact that Aaron had lied to her, that Aaron didn't deny the fact the he was cheating on her.

But maybe, it was because she didn't let him speak, her inner voice spoke. She hoped. It was all she could do. Hope.

Sighing, she shook the thoughts away and ignored his presence, making her way to the kitchen. After fetching herself a cup of hot chocolate since she was really not in the mood of breakfast, she went off to work, where she knew cute kids would be waiting for her.

———

A loud thud and ricocheting pain woke Aaron up. Opening his eyes, he took in the fact that he was now laying on the floor instead of the couch.

Rubbing his forehead where he hit the floor, he sat up and groaned. Realisation hit him and he sighed. But he smirked knowing what he had in plan for today.

Excitedly, he hurriedly made his way to the bathroom and after a quick shower and breakfast, he went out to buy things he needed for his plan to workout.

By the time it was three, he was done with all preparations. He had ordered a red velvet cake from a famous bakery down the road. The cake Amy loved. He had set up candles here and there and decorated the living room with red balloons. He even made sandwiches for lunch and set up the stereo for music. He knew how Amy didn't want to cook after coming back home but did nonetheless. He went as far as inviting their family and friends. But that was for dinner. First, he needed to talk to Amy and erase all the doubts she had been having, erase all the misunderstandings between them.

It was half past four and Amy was usually home by this time. Aaron didn't know why, but she was running late. He hoped everything was fine. He didn't want to call Amy and ruin the surprise. If she'll know he was at home on a Friday, she'll know something was up.

Aaron switched off all the lights when he heard the jingling of the keys. He closed all the curtains, leaving the room in darkness. Quickly, he lit all the scented candles he placed and hid himself.

The moment the door opened and Amy stepped in, he noticed the sad expressions on her face. He couldn't help but feel worried. He so wanted to ask her what had happened. He wanted to hug her and let her cry in his shoulders.