A Kouhai's Blunder

This takes place after Y2V1, Ayanokouji just scored a 100 on his exam and was called by the Acting Director.

Haruka POV
After Kiyopon left, the whole class went into an uproar.

"Hey Keisei, can you calm down a bit? It's only been a few minutes since he left."

He was impatiently tapping his foot while staring at the door.

"I am calm, don't worry."

I could hear conversations from the whole class about our friend.

"How do you think he got a hundred on the math exam?"

"You think he cheated?"

Most speculations for some reason seemed to be negative. It's not surprising though, a student that shouldn't be especially remarkable in any way got a perfect score and ranked above even class A's Sakayanagi.

"Hey, maybe Ayanokouji-kun is just some kind of math genius."

Surpringly, Karuizawa-san seemed to be defending Kiyopon, although what she said wasn't too different from her normal self, I for sure thought she would be one of the people bad mouthing him.

"If that's the case then isn't he just really amazing?"

Airi also tagged in, her face had a beaming smile on it, but...

"Don't be stupid, there's no way, you saw his stats on the OAA app right? I can't believe that at all."

In the face of a flawed argument, Keisei denied it without batting an eye to his harsh words.

"What if he cheated?"

"Huh? But how would you cheat on a test like this? And even if he did and manage not to get caught, doesn't that just mean he's super amazing either way?"

More talks about possibilities on how he achieved a perfect score were filling the room.

"Everyone calm down, Kiyotaka-kun isn't the type to do something like that right? Have faith in your classmates."

The words of Hirata-kun who was a leader of the class calmed down the negative suspicions of the students.

"Yeah, maybe Ayanokouji-kun just grew from last year, I mean just look at me."

Sudo gave a reasonable point while using himself as an example, but there was a big flaw in that as well.

"Although growing is definitely a possibility, there's no way he should be able to answer those types of questions perfectly. It's too much."

"Hey what if he's been holding back like Koenji has and he's actually really smart?"

"But that just makes it worse right? It means he didn't help us last year as much as he could have."

At this point the class was in a complete frenzy. I don't know exactly how Kiyopon did it, but for some reason, I feel like the answer was in front of me the whole time.

For as long as I can remember, he's always been an unfathomable existence for me. It's like he's there but I can't quite grasp his full person.

While the class was trying to sort out their thoughts, a knock came from the door.

"Umm, hey senpai's, is Ayanokouji-senpai here?"

It was a cute girl with red twin tails and a fearless grin. The whole class went silent as they looked at the door.

"Hmm? And what would a cute kouhai like you need from Kiyopon?"

I questioned her as politely as I could. It wasn't like Kiyopon was popular with the 1st years, atleast that I know of, so I felt like I had to get answers asap.