Sweets [A Hiyori Fanfic]

PS. Someone asked me to notify them when I uploaded a Hiyori fanfic, but I couldn't find their comment again. If it was you, here it is, and I'm sorry for being late.

These events take place after V11.5, Date Hiyori. It starts off during their last conversation, but Kiyotaka never called Kei and just came with the intention of chilling with Hiyori.

Kiyotaka POV

"If you'd like, you can take the book and read it."

As soon as we finished our conversation on the end of year exam, she opened her bag and showed me the book.

"Is it okay? It's borrowed under your name right?"

"It's not ideal, but I've gotten permission from a teacher so as long as it's returned on time it should be okay. Besides, even if we are in different classes, I trust Ayanokouji-kun."

She said all of this with a bright smile that contained a sweet innocence. Although I usually would have thought of such innocence as a mistake, I had to admit that it did add a certain charm to her.

"Thanks then, I'll be sure to return it when I finish."

The book she gave me was both new and popular, so I was honestly surprised that she was lucky enough to get her hands on a copy.

"By the way Ayanokouji-kun, do you have anywhere to go after this?"

"No, not really."

I was caught a little off guard by this question, so naturally, it caused me to look up. What waited for me was Hiyori who was casting her gaze downwards while twirling a strand of her hair with a finger.

She cleared her throat, then spoke shyly.

"In that case, would you like to accompany me for a bit? I was planning on heading to a nearby sweets shop after this, and seeing as you're here I was wondering if you would come."

"... I don't have anything else to do, but why me?"

"You see, I don't have many friends in my class that would probably like these kinds of things, so I thought that maybe Ayanokouji-kun would want to go."

She still avoided eye contact with me, so I couldn't tell whether she was lying or just genuinely embarrassed to ask me.

"Alright, I'll come."

After hearing my response, her face lit up with excitement. Hiyori always wanted to do several things with a friend, but just never got the chance to, so I assumed that this was the case. Reading books could also be said to fit that category as she once told me before.

With this, we packed our things and headed off.

"Is there any reason why you chose to go to a sweets shop?"

"Oh, well having sweets and drinking tea is one of my favorite things to do while reading. I wanted to go and check out what new choices there are."

"I see"

Sweets while reading. It wasn't the first time I've heard of it, but I had never actually tried it. Maybe I'll buy something too.

"That reminds me, you're in the tea ceremony club right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Lucky guess. I did tea ceremony before too, so I was able to tell."

In truth, I just ended up digging up a bit of information about her when we first met at Pallet. Her keen insight and attention to detail was what made me curious about her abilities, and along the way I happened to discover that she was in the tea ceremony club.