Sweets. Part 2 [Even Sweeter]

Kiyotaka POV

"Yes.."

With a sincere gaze overflowing with joy, she said this while gently gripping my shirt, looking up at me.

"I do."

Signs of pink could still be seen across her cheeks as a calming scent filled my nose, coming from her hair. Her expression was different from her usual calm and kind one, but then again, it wasn't a bad change.

My sight of the world became distorted due to the White Room, but even I had to admit that the Hiyori sweetly clinging onto me was cute.

I honestly hadn't expected her to be so bold, even despite being in a location without many people.

"I see..."

Feeling a bit akward with just leaving her like that, I gently patted her head and started caressing her silk-like long light blue hair.

It was smooth, and immidiently I could tell just how well she's taken care of it.

"...A-Ayanokouji-kun?"

Did she just realize what she was doing?

This thought came to my head as she took on a flustered expression and hid her face in my chest again. I couldn't see it anymore, but she was probably blushing.

"Embarrassed?"

I asked her this in a gentle tone, but she didn't reply. Instead, she only shyly nodded her head with her expression still hidden.

"That was pretty bold of you, doing that in front of so many people."

"I-I couldn't help it... when Ayanokouji-kun said he wouldn't mind b-being with me... I got so happy..."

Her voice was slightly muffled, still refusing to meet my gaze.

Honestly... what a hopeless girl.

I wonder... what expression am I wearing right now? Am I happy? Sad?

No... I was sure that sad couldn't be the right word to describe it. Even if I couldn't see my face, I knew this for certain.

"Why don't we go find some place quiet to enjoy reading? We can also have some of the sweets we just bought."

"Mm-hmm, I'd like that."

She finally detached herself from me.

This whole time, I had been the one holding the sweets, and I had made sure to move it out of the way when she came crashing to me so they were safe.

"I'd usually go to the library, but we can't eat in there..."

With her hand on her chin, she stated this as she looked to be pondering something.

"There's a nice park just a little bit away from here. It's peaceful with a great view of the ocean facing away from the city."

The school campus was built so there was only one enterance which authorized vehichles could enter and leave, but even that was only during specific times.

It was surrounded by the ocean which stretched all the way to the city, so usually there wasn't really any good viewing sights. However, on the opposite side of the campus entrance was a side of ocean without any view of the city, and this must have been what Hiyori was talking about.

"Sounds nice, shall we go?"

She nodded her head with a sweet smile and began walking, to which I followed.

Our destination was also in the mall quadrant of the campus, so the walk should take a little less than 5 minutes if there was no interruptions. However, it seems we weren't so lucky for that to be the case.