The Talk

~Sally's POV~

I wish Jack knew how I felt about him. I don't know how to tell him though. I thought about asking Dr. Finkelstein but, I decided not to. I want to figure out a way for me to get closer to him but, I'm really shy.

Jack and I walk in silence for a while. I wanted to grab his hand and hold it tightly. The day was cloudy and it made Jack look so calm and collected. I wonder why he wanted to be with me. Did I do something to have upset him? Or has he already found out how I feel about him?  All of this thinking and silence has got me nervous. Zero was tagging along with us. I didn't mind him but, it kind of makes me nervous too. After a while I decided to break the silence.

"Uh, Jack, what did you want with me?"

"Hmm? Oh. Well I wanted to talk to you about something very important."

"Oh. Can I ask what it's about?"

"I'll tell you when we get to the spiral hill. It's peaceful there and quite."

"Ok."

We spend a couple more minutes walking to the spiral hill. As we reach the spiral hill he asks for my hand in silence and leads us to the top. We get to the top and he sits down slightly swinging his long legs at the edge. He pats the spot next to him and I politely sit down with my legs to the side of me resting most of my weight on my arm. I look at him seeing that he looks a bit, confused? He then turned to face me his mouth open as if he had to say something. He must be nervous too. He soon spoke.

"Sally... I have this weird feeling and I don't know what to do with it. It makes me feel happy to see you but the thing is... do you feel the same?"

My face feels hot and my face is probably red.

"Jack is this feeling love?"

"Y-Yes it is. Ever since that incident on Christmas you've made me see you in a different way and I thank you for all you've done for me. I get excited about you."

"Your welcome. I mean you are the dearest friend of mine."

We talk for what seemed forever. He explained how he felt since he'd never felt like this. He didn't say I love you directly but, I wanted him to say those words. Jack has been my love interest but, I've always been so shy. I'm glad we got to talk today. Even if I felt flustered it was enjoyable to be with him. If we get closer and closer maybe I'll get to hear him say those words to me.

He stood up offering me a hand. I take his hand as he helped me up. He walked me home.