ʀ ᴀ ɪ ɴ ᴄ ᴏ ᴀ ᴛ

Mykayla's pov

"You may go home now." The teacher at the desk says, "your time is up now shoo!" She stands up and closes her book on Romeo And Juliet before chasing Billie and I out of the classroom.

"Bro chill!" Billie winces before taking her bag and walking out of the room. I walk behind her as the teacher continues to chase us out.

"Annoying little squirts... always wondered why I chose this job." The teacher mumbles as she slammed the door in our faces.

Billie and I walk towards the school's exit when we find out it was raining.

Shit, i literally rode my skateboard here, I swear to god I better have brought my raincoat...

I take off my bag to get out my raincoat and start digging through it. I had a hella lot of homework given today so my bag was filled with papers and shit.

"Aye you sure you brought a raincoat or sum shit?" Billie asks me. I roll my eyes and nod while I continue to search for a raincoat that I definitely didn't bring along with me.

"I have my brother coming to pick me up and I guess he could give you a ride home?" She says. I shake my head as I continue to search. Please let the raincoat be here... because there is no way in hell I am about to sit in a car with a girl I just met on my first day and got a fight with.

After five minutes of Billie laughing at me trying to find my nonexistent raincoat I finally gave in and she smiled.

Billie took out her and pressed on a contact. She put her phone to her ear and it rang. the person picked up and BIllie smiled.

"Aye Finn? So you still finna pick me up from school right?... i- no Finn I didn't almost kill us... Bro shut the fuck up!......" she smiled sheepishly at me and covered her phone, "sorry its my annoying ass brother Finneas."

She put her phone back to her ear and continued with the conversation. "... WELL SHIT FINN I DON'T CARE IF YOU HEARD THAT! ITS PLAIN FACTS!... I'm way too tide to continue with this fight and by the way um so... NO FINN! IT'S NOT THAT WHAT THE FUCK? DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DRIVE MY BABY DRAGON!... NO-... "

Billie covers the phone before smiling sheepishly again and walked to a corner of the room farther away from me.

"Finn all i have is this girl with me and its rai-... No it's not laurel-... Why the fuck do you hate her I don't fucking get it?... Well shit i love her okay?.... I do Finn!.... okay shut up all I need is for you to help this girl from my school because its raining and she lost her raincoat or sum shit...What the fuck? no-... Finn she's not a side chick... Ion care bro! Just please send her home kay? THANK YOU, PLEASE DON'T DRIVE DRAGON AND GOODBYE"

Billie said the last part so fast I was pretty sure her brother Finneas or something didn't have a choice even if he didn't want to drive me home now. She pulls her phone away from her ear and presses the button to end the call before walking to me.

She puts her hand behind her head and scratches her neck and mumbled "So my brother should be here in a few minutes and in the meantime you can pack all the shit from your bag off the floor I guess."

I look down to the floor remembering that I threw most of the things in my bag onto the floor while trying to find my raincoat. I groan and pick the things off the floor and shoved them into my bag.

After five minutes of picking up random papers about topics that I will probably never use in life, I picked up my bag but realised it was too heavy so I took out my skateboard and put it on the floor.

"Woah that skateboard is fire..." Billie said walking towards it. "Can I, like ,have a go at it?" she paused for awhile before adding please? And looked at me for approval.

I nodded and she whispered a small "yes" before taking the skateboard. She put one foot on it and lifted the other. Before she could even put the other foot on it, she slipped on it and fell backwards on her head.

I laughed at her as she mumbled a few curse words. she kicked the skateboard towards me and rubbed her head. "Stupid ass broken skateboard... Fuck this shit."

I took out my phone and texted her something.

her phone rang and she took it out before reading my message. she mumbles out what I type her before protesting, "Im know that skateboards cant be broken! I'm not dumb you know? But... uhhhh in terms of your um... skateboard in particular... there is definitely something wrong with it and uh..." before she could finish she was cut off by a loud noise.

A honk from a car was heard from the outside and it startled the both of us. Billie looked up and walked towards the door to check if it was her brother.

She turned back to look at her said with a smile, "It's my brother Finneas c'mon let's go." I nod and pick up my skateboard and put it in between my body and arm before walking towards the school exit.

The car was parked just outside the school. Billie smiled happily walking towards the car, probably because she was gonna see her brother. someone who loves her and takes care of her and the person who knows her best.

But i have no one... that will never change...

"Hey! Mykayla! you good?" Billie asks, she snaps her fingers in front of my face trying to get me out of my daze. I quickly nod my head and she looks at me with a look which I knew , meant she didn't believe me.

Billie opens the car door and stands at the side letting me get in first before she did. I gave her a smile and a small nod as to say thank you and got into the car.

When I got in, I saw an auburn man sitting at the front and assumed it was Finneas. He had a small moustache at the bottom of his chin. The man had a thin face, yet, was handsome nonetheless. The most amazing part I saw about him when I first entered the car was his smile. His smile was the type you knew was real, the type that you couldn't fake.

Next to the man was a girl with brunette hair and emerald green eyes. Her hair was long and had a light glow. She was someone you would call a "Heather" She had a small slightly pointy nose and her lips were slender. She seemed like someone who would only ever exist in a fairytale. She seemed like someone who would be too perfect to be true. She didn't seem like the type of person to be mean and snobby though, she seemed like the type that was genuine and kind.

I continued to wonder but my thoughts were interrupted by Billie."Finn! You didn't tell me you were gonna bring Claudia too!" Billie whined before hugging the brunette girl. The brunette kissed Billie on her cheek and if it was even possible, Billie looked even happier.

"Bil, Claudia and I were supposed to have a date today and I couldn't just leave her at home. Besides I thought it would be a nice surprise for you." Finneas smirked before he looked at me and said, "Oh yea! Bil, you haven't introduced us to your new friend, what's your name?"

I couldn't speak so I looked at Billie as to tell her to help me and after a few seconds of her looking at me confused, she finally got it.

"Oooo, yea I like totally forgot sorry." she said sheepishly, "Finn, Claudia, this is Mykayla and because she has this um... disorder she can't speak, she has mutism so please keep that in mind."

Finneas looked at me and quickly apologised but I shook it off and nodded with a smile smile.

And just because of this small moment, I already knew I didn't make the wrong mistake and knew I was going to enjoy this car ride...

a/n
i'm back :) sorry for leaving y'all but yuh

love yall so much :)

also bils_burito i'm done and ihy