I. Not-so-perfect START

DISCLAIMER:

        I do not own the Harry Potter series and anything associated with it. This is my very first story and I'm a BEGINNER. Tons of apologies from me for grammatical errors. In this story, Lavender and Fred are alive and Ron and Harry went back for their final year and there are certain changes that will be needed. I hope you like it :)

--

Hermione's POV

        "Oh my gosh! I am head girl?!" I said as a smile slowly crept into my face. I can't believe that I was chosen to be head girl.

        "Really? Congrats Hermione!" Ginny uttered as she swallow the last pieces of her sandwich.

        "I just can't believe it. After all, it's my dream." I said.

        "And I heard that this year's head boy will be-"

*knocks*

        I woke up with a smile on my face. I dreamt of being THE HEAD GIRL and no one can explain my happiness. That's what I really want when I reach my last year in Hogwarts. Even though, I'm pretty lucky to be one of the few students who'll go back to finish seventh year after the war.

        I heard a knock on the window. A scrawny owl was waiting, with a letter on its claws. I headed towards the window and took the letter.

Ms. Hermione Granger,

        I want to congratulate you for being this year's HEAD GIRL. I hope that you will stand as a role model, and I'm pretty sure of that. We will discuss a few matters when you are already going back to Hogwarts. The first day of school is on the 1st day of August. Again congratulations!

Truly,

        Headmistress McGonagall

P.S.: The badge is in the envelope.

        "Holy-" I screamed. I just can't believe it. My dream came true.

        "Darling 'Mione, what happened?" Mom said as she ran upstairs, holding her breath.

        "MOM! I'm this year's Head Girl!" I screamed like a little girl as I almost pushed the badge into her eyes.

        "Oh, congratulations honey!" Mom said and gave me a proud embrace. 

        "By the way, our first day's tomorrow and I'll be leaving later. I'm gonna go to the burrow first." I said as I prepare my clothes and other stuffs.

        "Okay. You better pack your things now." My mom said, giving her last proud look before heading back to the kitchen.

 * * *

      "Goodbye Mom! I will miss you!" I said and planted a kiss on her cheeks.

        "I'll miss you too, sweetheart. Goodluck!" Mom said.

        "Bye mom." I said before apparating to the burrow. As I open my eyes, I could smell the sweet mouth-watering aroma of Molly's dishes. I knocked on the door and Mrs. Weasley opened it.

        "Hey darling! Good evening!" Mrs. Weasley said, chopping the last pieces of parsley for last minute touches.

        "Good evening Molly. Where are they?"

        "They're all in their rooms, honey."

        I muttered a thank you and a hug before going upstairs. I went straight to Ginny's room but found nothing. Then, I went to the boys' room and knocked on the door.